Junior Project Manager
Posted on Nov 17, 2021 by The Rooflight Company
Full Time, Monday-Friday 8.30am - 5pm
Shipton-Under-Wychwood, Bourton-on-the-Water and remote working
Are you right for us - are we right for you?
An exciting opportunity with a values-led, forward thinking company.
Founded 25 years ago, the Rooflight Company is a successful, employee-owned West Oxfordshire business with approximately 70 employees, designing and manufacturing rooflights and roof windows for the UK construction / specification market.
The Rooflight Company is not your run-of-the mill organisation. We are open and communicate clearly and regularly with everyone. We recognise and value the strengths each person brings to the team. We continuously challenge the norm to make improvements. We implement change. This has been endorsed by our recent WOBA award as 2020 Employer of the Year.
Our mission, in line with our guiding principles, is to position the customer experience at the heart of everything we do, know what the customer wants, where we add value and profitably deliver on this.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Junior Project Manager to join this successful, growing, values-led and customer-focused organisation. As Junior Project Manager, you will be co-ordinating the development and launch of innovative new products to the market. Putting the customer at the heart of everything you do, you will be responsible for the delivery of projects on time and within budget, through a motivated and high performing team. This is a great role where you will interact with co-owners across the whole business and have a direct impact on the achievements of our ambitious company goals.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience in the design and manufacturing industry and have had an experience of managing a project from start to finish. Due to the nature of the projects and the pace of change, we are looking for a highly organised, technically minded individual who has a solution-focused approach to challenges and can inspire and encourage others through their natural enthusiasm to deliver work on time, to a high standard.
It is a busy role which requires a highly self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills, attention to detail and great organisation skills.
THE ROLE AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Junior Project Manager is accountable for achieving the project goals on time, to the agreed quality and within the agreed budget such that the changes are sustained, and the benefits realised.
- Identifying customer needs and ensuring the project is set to deliver these.
- Achieving the project goals to time, quality, and cost.
- Managing issues, risks and change requests.
- Creating self-motivated and high performing, cross functional project teams.
- Leading the team to establish goals, actions plans and timescales.
- Managing stakeholder expectations and supporting co-owners to integrate the final output from the project team.
- Tracking and reporting on project benefits.
- Providing regular updates to Programme Managers, Project Sponsors and Stakeholders.
- Adhering to and championing the project management methodology.
- Identifying and suggesting new methods, procedures and work processes to continuously improve working practices.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Qualification in PRINCE2 or similar project management frameworks
- Strong time management skills with an ability to work on multiple initiatives to tight timescales.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A solution-focused approach to challenges
- A willingness to embrace new technology and engage in technical discussion
- A collaborative mindset with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong organisation skills
- Experience managing a budget
- Previous experience of project management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to facilitate workshops
- Knowledge of the manufacturing industry
- A qualification or interest in design and engineering
- Negotiation skills
THE QUALITIES WE'RE LOOKING FOR - Our Vision and Values
As an employee-owned business, our mission is driven by our three Guiding Principles - Values-led Culture, Innovation and Long-term Sustainability. These principles guide our Directors, Trustees and Co-owners in their decision-making and activities.
We encourage new ideas and market-led thinking to design and make rooflights for the architectural building market that are novel, elegant and useful, continually balancing form and function.
Sustainability in terms of growth and the environment means that we don't accept quick fixes or unsustainable solutions. We believe it's our responsibility to play our part in mitigating climate change and we have an ambitious target of achieving zero waste to landfill and being carbon neutral by 2024.
To succeed, you will need to demonstrate that your values and behaviours are aligned with our four values - Integrity, Care, Empowered and Unity - each associated with specific behaviours. Together, they create an atmosphere where personal growth is encouraged, nurtured and recognised.
- We give and receive honest and constructive feedback.
- We hold ourselves and each other accountable for our words and actions.
- We don't blame, we learn and grow.
- We work to the best of our ability and take pride in our work.
- We continuously work in the best interests of our community and our environment.
- We show active interest in others' wellbeing and treat them with respect and compassion.
- We trust each other to make well-informed, responsible decisions.
- We let people know we believe in them and encourage them to grow in knowledge and skills.
- We continuously challenge the norm to make improvements and implement change.
- We support each other to achieve our shared goals and celebrate our successes.
- We recognise and value the strengths each person brings to the team.
- We are open and communicate clearly and regularly with everyone.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£25k - £26k Annual
£225 - £275 Daily
£15 - £20 Hourly
£20k - £25k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual
£400 - £450 Daily
£30k - £35k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual