Posted on Nov 16, 2021 by Aerotek
Our client, one of the top Pharmaceutical companies based in the Basel area, is looking for a Data Manager with a strong engineering background and experience in the modelling and simulation of drug substance process development of small molecules, with a primary focus on crystallization to join their team.
In this position, you will be responsible for supporting the crystallization process development at lab scale and the scale-up to the pilot and commercial scale. You develop modelling methodologies and apply existing modelling tools.
This is a contract position and will initially be for a duration of 1 year with the possibility extension. The desired start date is 20th December 2021.
- Development of methods for the large scale production of drug substance with tailor-made solid properties.
- Application of in-house and commercial numerical tools to the Drug Substance process development.
- Assistance for lab-phase experiments planning and transfer of process to commercial equipment.
- Development and deployment of numerical tools based on the latest trends in literature.
- Delivery of high quality data within defined timelines and aligned to current industry expectations.
- Transfer of knowledge and presentation of results to the crystallization experts and chemical engineers.
- Scientific support of external collaborations (Universities, Institutes).
- At least a master's degree in process, mechanical, chemical engineering, physics, material science or similar discipline.
- Proven experience in process modelling with at least 2 years in industrial environment.
- Good understanding of mass, momentum and heat transfer phenomena.
- Experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software package OpenFOAM or similar.
- Programing experience (Python).
- Ability to make the scientific results of your work understandable to employees with different backgrounds.
- Good overview of current trends in the field of modelling and simulation in pharma industry.
- Language: fluent English.
Job Title: Data Manager
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Rate/Salary: 40.00 - 62.00 CHF Hourly
Job Type: Contract
Aerotek, an Allegis Group company. Allegis Group AG, Basel, Switzerland. Registration No. CHE-101.865.121. Aerotek is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available on the website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to the website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.