Head of IT
Posted on Nov 16, 2021 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Head of IT - Dundalk - £100-150K/€120-175K
Dynamic Online Sports Business based near border between Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland with Substantial Presence in Irish, UK and International Market has an urgent requirement for a new Head of IT.
About the Role
The Head of IT role covers technical and operational management, with responsibility for running 24x7x365 operations in our own and our partner data centres. This includes responsibility for Systems Management, Security, Networks and Application operations. The role also involves managing teams who look after a predominantly virtualised hosting infrastructure, application deployment and providing superb service to clients.
The head of IT will report to the Company CTO and directors on all the Above. Please note that this role is not remotely based and ordinarily will require attendance onsite at least 4 days a week. Consequently, it would best suit someone based in North Dublin, Meath, Monaghan, Louth, Armagh Down or Antrim (Including Belfast).
Key Responsibilities of Role:
- Ensuring that all deployments are completed right-first-time with high quality and pass a stringent operational readiness checklist
- Managing the Acceptance-into-Service Process and Quality Gates.
- Leading and influencing our Service Operations teams to consistently exceed our Service Level Agreements and delight our clients.
- Ensuring all security processes and technologies are in place to achieve PCI-Level certification.
- Lead our Service Operations in the implementation of ITIL best practice in the management of our infrastructure and ongoing systems operations.
- Budget control for all corporate IT and hosting costs.
- Working with the Product Development and Client Delivery teams to ensure that the product and client projects conform to best practice.
- Oversight of all corporate applications and infrastructure
- Acting as the senior escalation point for technical issues with the on-call teams on protracted issues
Essential Candidate Requirements
- Third Level Degree in Computer Science, IT or appropriate Equivalent
- A proven track record of managing 24 x 7 support teams in a high-volume technological environment such as banking, E-commerce systems or equivalent environments.
- Experience deploying and operating multi-channel software as a service.
- Understanding of enterprise scale systems and networks alongside cloud-based hosting technologies.
- Experience of working in Data Centre and hosted environments providing high availability.
- ITIL V3 Framework accreditation and a good understanding of ITIL methodologies.
- Experience of dealing with 3rd Parties both Operationally and Commercially
- Strong knowledge and experience in problem, incident, change and release management within a significant high-availability environment.
- Ability to build trusted, credible relationships with senior operational staff.
- Technical knowledge relating to application management (infrastructure, storage, databases, application architectures) in a predominantly Microsoft-based environment.
- Cyber-security savvy and PCI DSS certification process experience desirable.
- Quality focus: ISO9001/27001 or similar experience in quality management systems
- Hand's on experience with the following technologies:
- Microsoft AD, Azure AD, 0365, Windows Server and Exchange
- Microsoft IIS - Excellent understanding of installing and configuring applications Windows Enterprise build, configuration, operations
- Linux - REHL, Centos, Ubuntu
- VMware Vsphere - Proven experience in an enterprise hosted environment
- Database Technology - Oracle, MS SQL/Mongo/Redis
- Firewall Management - Checkpoint/Palo Alto/Cisco
- TCP/IP - including Switches, Routers, general network topology, Internet protocols
- Powershell Scripting, Chef is a plus
- Data centre capacity planning
- Release management and Operational readiness requirements
- Monitoring and Alerting solutions, such as PRTG, SolarWinds, Site24x7, Pingdom
- Ability to be onsite at our HQ during office Hours (Essential)
- Project Management or other form of Managerial Certification/Training
While not essential, previous experience of working with an online sports betting company or similar organisation would be a distinct advantage for prospective candidates
IMPORTANT - VISA or Work permit sponsorship is not possible for this role due to the length of processing time required. All applicants must have immediate availability to work in the EU as our client cannot wait for the length of time it would take for Visa/Work Permit to come through.
For more information on this role, please contact Níall or send current CV along with brief cover letter through this site
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£108k - £127k Annual
£65k - £75k Annual
£81.3k - £90.4k Annual