Senior Quantity Surveyor
Posted on Nov 16, 2021 by CV-Library
Reporting to the Commercial Manager/Managing Quantity Surveyor, you will be working closely with Business Development and Bid Managers, as well as the rest of the commercial team.
The experience we are looking for in a candidate:
• HND/degree in Quantity Surveying, or equivalent.
• Previous experience of the civil engineering industry.
• Familiarity with ICE/NEC forms of contract NEC3 or NEC4 and knowledge of current Construction Law.
• Extensive experience in commercial management and procurement of subcontractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates, and accruals calculations.
• Ability to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting and earned value analysis.
• Excellent team player whilst also holding the ability to work independently on own initiative.
• Excellent time management skills, with ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Ability to encourage and support junior members of the Commercial Team.
• Experience of working for Contractor, Water experience, able to deal with large amounts of data for open book forms of contract.
• Member of RICS or other relevant professional body or working towards membership and CSCS card is desirable.
• Ensure robust, accurate and timely cost and value reporting at both project and business unit level
• Ensure accurate cash flow reporting takes place
• Carry out cost management including forecasting
• Update the monthly CVR, cost and commercial plans and have accountability, along with the project team for the commercial performance and strategy
• Help ensure that commercial processes are adhered to across the business unit
• Actively seek to improve processes and procedures
• Have a good understanding of the processes and procedures used by any JV/Alliance that we are working within, and assist in their development and improvement
• Ensure that any main contracts entered have terms and conditions that are appropriate with commercial risks identified
• Ensure that the supply chain is engaged appropriately with the correct contract terms and conditions
• Ensure that good client relationships are fostered Be responsible for subcontract letting, negotiation and financial accounting
• Effectively assist in managing the commercial team, including cost clerks and commercial support staff Ensure effective interaction between the commercial team and the operational site teams
• Supervise and mentor Quantity Surveyors
• Accurate monthly forecasting
• Ability to challenge resources and costs
• Maintaining deadlines in line with monthly commercial calendar
The salary banding is indicative and dependent on experience. Details on the full package are to be discussed during shortlisting
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£55k - £70k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£55k - £60k Annual
£60k - £75k Annual
£80k - £90k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£75k - £85k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual