Business/Functional Analyst Brussels
Posted on Nov 16, 2021 by TALENT - IT
An experienced Business/Functional Analyst who can work with business (internal & external) and IT teams on:
- customer migration projects
- maintenance/support of Legacy system
- change requests
- incident/service requests
The role will include analysis, specification and presentation of business requirements, system test documents, and other documentation as required.
1. Core Accountabilities:
- Delivery of new IT systems and Change Requests to support the Customers.
- Act as a point of contact between the business and IT and take responsibility for delivery of solutions that are fit for purpose.
- Discussion with the business owner who is in charge of getting the requirement, description of the requirement in business language, analyse of the requirement together.
- Advise and support the business in the specification of requirements and take overall responsibility for ensuring that requirements as specified by the individual business areas are aligned and consistent and ultimately, fit in with existing systems and processes to form smooth and robust end to end processes.
- Manage and co-ordinate all assigned business requests through to final acceptance by the customer in accordance with the agreed plan by working with the assigned developers in order to ensure the goals of the business are met.
- Manage the flow and analysis of incoming requests from the Business areas, strive for commonalities in the different business processes and systems where possible and check consistency of Business Area strategy and projects with the overall IPC Group Strategy.
- Take responsibility for representing the needs of the Business Areas in the detailed analysis phases; participate in reviews of high-level technical designs of solutions to address defined business needs.
- Achieve or ensure agreement of User Acceptance Criteria with the customer.
- Act as a Centre of Expertise for the Customers.
- Communicate and co-ordinate cross-functionally with other IT Departments and continuously promote this cross-functional communication and co-ordination within the IT Department in order to maximize synergies with the wider group and to take maximum advantage of learning and advice from within the group.
- Support the IM Departments position as a Centre of Expertise for all Customers and Business Units.
- Deliver reports and perform data validation (comparing reports)
- Validate deliverables and report defects
2. Essential qualities:
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- High level of communication and influencing skills.
- A high level of IT literacy
- Clear analytical thinking
- High level of self-motivation
3. Desirable qualities:
- At least two years in an analytical role in an international business environment.
- Ideally experience with either postal or logistics organisations.
4. Required Experience:
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience in Oracle SQL, can write/read/execute queries to do data validation
- Experience with Excel, Word
- Data validation
- Usage of web applications