Solution Architect - Newcastle
Posted on Nov 15, 2021 by Accenture
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
Our Advanced Technology Centre is a thriving technology and innovation hub from where we deliver high quality services to a number of private and public sector clients.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways.
If you're looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
As a solution designer/architect you will:
- Working closely with Business and Technology colleagues to ensure that design options are effectively evaluated and that robust recommendations are made.
- Ongoing governance of project delivery against agreed designs and assessment of the impact of change requests on the high-level design
- Running design forums and workshops with developer, operational and business colleagues. Third party vendors will often be involved as well.
- Distribution of designs for approval and presentation of said designs at formal clinics
- Peer reviewing designs produced by colleagues.
- Involvement in the technical communities of interest to support and enhance Accenture software development policies and standards.
- Provision of Solution Design estimates for input to Business Cases
- Involvement in internal improvement initiatives to develop the overall capability of the Solutions Design competency.
- Working under guidance from Lead Technology Consultants and with other designers within the Solutions Design/Architects competency to support the Client's business projects.
- Are a great communicator able to make complex procedures easy to understand for technical and non-technical audiences
- You have experience in estimating enterprise solutions - covering full lifecycle and ongoing operational activity - and identify associated risks and mitigation.
The following skills and experience are essential for this role:
- Familiar with a wide range of Architecture techniques, methodologies and frameworks e.g. TOGAF, BIAN, eTOM
- Have experience of working in an agile environment at scale and are familiar with scaled agile methodologies e.g SAFe
- Experience and expertise in solution architecture roles
- Experience of a range of technologies including, for example, Messaging & Middleware, Microservices, Cloud and Data Streaming
- Experience of working in waterfall and agile environments during the Software Development Life Cycle
- Understanding and experience of design governance
- Ability to work with both Business and Technology stakeholders to build personal credibility in shaping of solutions to business problems
- Support planning - help drive the scope and delivery shape and schedule as well as the design
- Good influencing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and resolve design risks and issues
- To ensure that designs adhere to agreed principles, policies and roadmaps, whilst meeting business requirements you will collaborate and work effectively with other professionals:
- Enterprise Architects, Domain Architects, IT Architects in Digital and Data, Business Analysts, Test Architects, IT Security consultants, Operational Specialists
- Experience of working as part of a team to deliver to deadlines
- The Core Solutions Solution Design team have responsibility for the following areas of business:
- Finance/GL/Accounting, Data Architecture - Data warehouse. ETL, SAS, Regulatory, compliance, Banking reporting, Financial Fraud and AML, Debit & Credit Cards, ATM & POS, Payments (FPS, SWIFT, CHAPS, BACS), Core banking processing, Treasury Systems, Therefore, experience of any of the above business systems and the technology that supports them will be a considerable advantage.
What's in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days' vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there may be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries - powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.