Posted on Nov 15, 2021 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*.
A prestigious company is on the search for an OpenShift Engineer. They need someone with heavy OpenShift experience and can install, configure, and deploy it into the enterprise environment to support container platform. They need to have experience with programming languages like Java, bash, Python, etc. Also needed is experience with CICD tools and automation tools.
- Install, configure, solve, and deploy OpenShift related infrastructure and cluster services in an enterprise environment to support container-based application virtualization
- Find opportunities for improvement to system stability, capacity, security, performance, and drive implementation of approved solutions
- Partner with Engineers, Administrators, Architects, Developers and Project Managers to plan and implement applications to support business requirements.
- Implement and support security best-practices to ensure a secured compute environment
- Track and report on system performance to ensure performance acceptable to meet expected business SLA's
- Produce and maintain system configuration documents and standards
- Responsible for providing 24/7 on-call coverage on a rotating basis
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience required
- 3+ years of experience working with Enterprise-level container-based systems (OpenShift, Docker, CRI-O, Kubernetes, etc) including associated on-prem infrastructure with 2+ years supporting dedicated OpenShift Platform systems (OCP, OCS, HAProxy, etc)
- Experience supporting Microservice and Cloud-native applications in a CI/CD automated, multi-tenant application environment with multiple partners and use cases
- Experience supporting a Linux (RHEL or similar) environment
- Experience using various CI/CD tools (GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, or similar)
- Experience using process automation tools and techniques (Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience with utilizing application monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk, Dynatrace, Nimsoft APM.
- Experience supporting common infrastructure and security related objects and services such as DNS, Firewall Rules, SSL, Load Balancers and Identity Management integration
- Experience working with key office automation tools such as Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and Word