Posted on Nov 15, 2021 by Source Technology
As a Cloud Engineer you will;
- Have deep technical knowledge of one or more cloud providers public offerings and is curious to learn others, as well as cloud agnostic approaches and technologies
- Be able to understand client's objectives and shape cloud solutions that best achieve the requirements of our clients
- Have personally made valuable contributions to cloud products & solutions and cloud orientated teams and can articulate the value to customers
- Have the ability to communicate complex cloud concepts to non-experts with eloquence and confidence
- Be conscious of the importance of ensuring cloud solutions meet risk, compliance and audit needs
- Have a genuine interest in the emerging cloud practices and technologies being used in finance and other industries and creative about how to apply these to client use cases
- Proven experience of leading others and creating an environment that supports and inspires people to develop and deliver
- Understand current engineering practices experience of engineering best practices including DevOps, GitOps, Trunk based development etc
- Highly collaborative and sharing cloud knowledge with Capco colleagues during the full life cycle from project mobilisation to production implementation
- Have a passion for being part of the team that is forming the future of finance.
Skills & Expertise
You will have some or all of the following skills & experiences:
- A strong technical background with demonstrable expertise in at least one of AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the cloud technology stack spanning compute, storage, security, monitoring, access management and networks
- An understanding of IAM principles, tools, role-based access controls and experience of implementing cloud security bestpractices.
- Range of cloud experience from cloud native solutioning, re-engineering for the cloud to workload lift and shift
- Experience and understanding of containers and implementing container platforms using Docker, GKE, AKS etc.
- Experience and understanding of Infrastructure as Code provisioning/management and tooling (eg: Hashicorp Terraform)
- Experience with design strategies and tools to deploy, monitor, and administer Cloud applications and the underlying services for Cloud.
- Experience with industry standard Cloud security frameworks (such as NIST, CSA and MITRE ATT&CK) and Cloud controls integration into DevSecOps toolchain
- Knowledge and experience of building Cloud security patterns aligned to industry best practice frameworks
- Great communication skills with the ability to present complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences including during sales conversations
- Extensive knowledge of modern technology trends, especially in the Cloud space.