Posted on Nov 14, 2021 by Base 3
This role is inside IR35 for UK applicants!
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of product or project development experience, or 3 years of project development experience on an Agile Team or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Knowledge of an agile framework or method (ie Scrum, Kanban), or understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices
- Demonstrated experience facilitating meetings at multiple levels of an organization and an understanding of facilitation techniques and coaching skills
- Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
- Planning and problem solving with product management and delivery teams
- Guides and coaches the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
- Gets team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
- Coaches the Scrum team in self-organization, cross-functional skill set, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
- Works with Scrum Team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams.
- Resolves team impediments with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
- Works with Agile coaches and other Scrum Masters to grow within the role.
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Acts as a leader who coaches and supports Agile teams assigned to mainly Business as Usual (BAU) work and to a lesser degree, important department initiatives and applicable portions of corporate projects and initiatives.