Manager of Network Engineering
Posted on Nov 14, 2021 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Network Engineering Manager. This manager will be managing over 10-12 people and some consultants. They will manage over all WAN/Lan, InterconnecT bridges, Routers, Switches, Load balancing, F5, Firewalls, SD-WAN, etc.
- Provides leadership by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Sustains information systems results by defining, delivering, and supporting information systems; auditing application of systems.
- Assesses information systems results by auditing application of systems.
- Enhances information systems results by identifying information systems technology opportunities and developing application strategies.
- Safeguards assets by planning and implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Manages the implementation and maintenance of disaster recovery plans and activities in assigned areas. Maintains current contact information for all employees in applicable areas and communicates with non-recovery employees during a disaster.
- Typically requires bachelor's degree and 8 years of information technology or related experience (or equivalent, such as 10 years of experience or master's degree and 6 years of experience) and 2 years of management experience.
- Develops and implements engineering methodologies that insure smooth, professional, and responsive technology operations.
- Enables progressive DevOps and Observability capabilities across company's Technology.
- Ensures that industry best practice support and operations metrics are collected, monitored, and reviewed to drive improved performance for Technology.
Enhances information systems results by identifying information systems technology opportunities and developing infrastructure engineering strategies