Developer Services Technician
Posted on Nov 12, 2021 by South Staffs Water (Incorporating Cambridge Water Company)
PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Developer Services Technician
Salary: Circa £30,000.00 depending upon experience
Hours: 37.5 Hours Monday to Friday
Location: Fulbourn Road, Cambridge
At South Staffs and Cambridge Water we deliver clean and reliable water supplies to around 1.5 million customers within the South Staffs and Cambridge regions.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Developer Services Technician, to support customers through all aspects of site based activity, providing great customer experience in a timely manner which ensures we operate efficiently, plan work effectively and ultimately adopt quality assets.
• Meeting the needs of customers, responding to changing needs and advising of the best way to progress their works.
• Provide pre-construction site visits and quotations for service connections and mains work.
• Carry out surveying quality audits to check the location of newly laid assets on mains and diversion sites such that the GIS system is updated with accurate.
• Log any defective issues such that they can be corrected in a timely manner and manage difficult conversations with customers to ensure expectations are clear.
• Upload and log information onto internal systems in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate commitment to promoting and maintaining high standards of health and safety in the workplace at all times.
• Provide effective and regular written and verbal communication to external customers and colleagues keeping them up to date with the status of their work.
• Identify ways to deliver the customer journey more effectively and feed into department action planning.
• Pursue cost reduction opportunities and ensure quotations are provided accurately, ensuring they cover the cost we incur when carrying out the work.
• Carry out all activities in a prompt manner to ensure all Water UK metrics are met
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate outstanding customer service and communication skills. Experience of NRSWA Streetworks and an understanding of Traffic Management is desirable.
You will hold Mathematics and English to min Grade C level 4 or equivalent, as well as a full driving licence, and preferable basic plumbing knowledge. Flexible and resilient, with excellent attention to detail, you will be expert in diary management and competent in relevant Microsoft Office packages. Ability to interpret information on drawings is a must and understanding of AutoCAD desirable.
As an employee of South Staffs Water you will have access to a range of benefits. For further details, please visit the Careers section of our website .
To apply please forward your CV to: WaterHR(at)south-staffs-water.co.uk
Closing Date: 28th November 2021
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £40k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£60k - £80k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual