Posted on Nov 11, 2021 by CRA Group Limited
To project manage high value procurement projects and deliver value for money contracts which comply with UK Public Contracts Regulations which support Strategic Sourcing Strategies. You will be leading on a number of Indirect projects within the procurement team, which will include (but not limited to) IT and Digital, Consultancy and HR related services, Facilities Management, Marketing, Print and Fleet.
- Provide specialist advice, guidance, support and challenge to internal /external stakeholders
- Identify and interpret issues, trends and problems which may have a broad impact for organisations.
- Manage risk within area of responsibility. Ensure all stakeholders are aware of and comply with relevant regulations and procedures.
- Prepare and present a full range of reports (both standard and non-standard) covering area of responsibility.
- Provide support for junior staff including the mentoring of support officers and supervision where appropriate.
- Ensure the necessary standards relating to safeguarding best practices/protocols are effectively communicated, monitored and maintained.
- Act in accordance with all policies and procedures which apply to the job and understand the reasons for this.
- To lead on the development of procurement and commissioning arrangements for services working through all stages of options appraisal, analysing market intelligence, supplier engagement and tendering.
- Contribute to the design/delivery of services which meet the desired outcomes of residents
- Undertake all activities associated with the management of electronic contracts register.
- Liaise with delivery partners / providers / suppliers to commission / co-ordinate /evaluate appropriate service delivery /capacity within area of responsibility.
- Negotiate contractual / framework agreements and support their implementation as required
- Support effective commissioning within area of responsibility.
- Monitor and report on performance/ service standards as required
- To develop sourcing strategies for tactical spend areas e.g. office supplier
- Analyse information and identify issues for action / further review.
- To work collaboratively with other authorities on joint procurement initiatives
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Practical experience of letting a wide range of contracts delivering savings
- Practical experience of working with the UK Public Contracts Regulations
- Experience of the entire contract cycle from developing options through to tendering, awarding and managing the contracts
- Experience of working with and leading a cross functional team;
- Practical experience of managing supplier relationships and negotiating contract changes;
- The ability to flexibly manage a number of tenders at one time;
- Good communication and influencing skills;
- Good level of numeracy & I.T. skills i.e., proficiency in using Microsoft packages and the Internet.
- Understanding of the contribution that procurement can make to the economy, the environment and the equality agenda;
- Experience of working with e-procurement and e-tendering systems
- Strong customer service skills
- CIPs accreditation or relevant procurement experience.