Head of Tech
Posted on Nov 9, 2021 by HR Data Hub
Who is HR DataHub?
We are an exciting fast-scaling, seed-funded, HR Tech start-up. In a world in which companies want to be fair, diverse and competitive employers, we provide the insights to make it happen. We build tools to help organisations make data-led people decisions - we gather relatable data and use technology to bring insights to the forefront so that HR professionals can easily understand how their organisation compares to others, and what they can do to be the best employer they can be.
We believe that how people are being treated in the workplace has a big impact on society. Data can bring transparency to these efforts and help keep us on track for a fairer and more inclusive
About this role!
This is a brand new role for HR DataHub - it's all about focusing on the things that will help HR DataHub grow sustainably. To be successful you'll need a balance between technical skills, analytical skills and operational excellence, as well as an entrepreneurial mindset. There's tons of potential for you to make a really big impact on our growth plans AND you'll get to work with a really talented team who are all passionate about bringing data that matters to build better workplaces.
This new role has been created to:
- Review, monitor and improve the technical stack with a focus on operational delivery and security
- Support the effective delivery of our strategy and product roadmap
- Ensure that HR DataHub is set up with to the tools it needs to be efficient and effective at all levels
At the most basic level, you'll be doing everything that's needed so that the technology behind our company is solid and is scalable. We're a start-up - like most roles, the remit is broad, you need to be flexible and have a strong set of skills in a range of areas, and every day is going to be different. One thing is certain, by joining us at this critical stage in our development you will have a significant impact on our growth and future success, and you'll be setting the foundations for your leadership role to grow with the company.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an exceptional individual who will bring passion and technological experience into our already strong team. The successful candidate will be an established leader or manager with low ego who enjoys supporting and motivating others.
You will be meticulously organised and efficient, with excellent attention to detail. You take pride in building scalable, secure, and cost-efficient systems built with in house technology integrated with key third party systems You will be a forward-planner who is able to bring together various technological priorities into a coherent delivery plan. Like all of us at HR DataHub, you will take initiative, be trustworthy and lead by example.
About the role
You will be responsible for overseeing daily activities across all technical aspects of the company, both relating to our team's operations, as well as our product. Ultimately, you'll ensure that everything run smoothly and that HR DataHub is set up to scale sustainably.
Some of the things you will work on:
- Work with the team to refine the technology strategy, development roadmap and associated project plans, and oversee their implementation.
- Formulate the tech strategy in collaboration with the team
- Assess the current technical stack to suggest, scope and implement improvements
- Ensure compliance with local and international laws (e.g. data protection and security)
- Oversee the implementation of internal technology solutions throughout the organization
- Provide tech support for issues the team might be experiencing
- Manage contracts and invoicing all technology vendors and partners
- Evaluate risk and lead quality assurance efforts
- Report on technological performance
- Manage, simplify and improve existing vendor tech stack
We'd like for you to have at least half of these skills:
- 5+ years in a technical leadership role in a scale-up tech company
- Experience hiring, managing, and motivating technical teams (engineering)
- Full stack software engineering experience across front and backend development frameworks
- Confident with implementing internal IT systems
- Well versed in privacy, security and data protection best practices and standards
- Outstanding communication skills (especially in explaining complex technical situations to non-Tech folks)
- Excellent organizational and leadership ability
- Familiarity with the following technologies: React, .Net, PostgreSQL, Azure Hosting, Hubspot
Behaviours we're looking for:
- You have the ability to learn new concepts, technologies, and businesses quickly and to produce quality work in short time-frames
- You can roll your sleeves up and get into the marketing weeds where required, as well as lead others to find quick solutions.
- You have a scrappy, start-up mentality. You know how to get stuff done with limited resources and start-up constraints
- You work well with the ambiguity, uncertainty and change that come with working in an early growth start-up.
- You are solution focussed, can quickly identify an issue and find the best (not perfect) solution to maintain momentum.
- You will be a constant source of motivation and encouragement for a small but dedicated team, relentlessly chasing the future.
- Most of all, you're a team player, who understands a team can only win when everyone is winning.
- And finally, you're excited about helping companies create the best working experience possible through data
What you can expect working at HR DataHub:
- A genuinely great place to work: integrity, transparency, trust and vulnerability is at the core of how we work and how we interact with each other. We're not fans of toxic workplace environments, high levels of office politics, ego and hierarchy.
- Remote working first, meet up to work sometimes (might change as we grow)
- Enough time off to recharge and enjoy life: 23 days off + your birthday off + 1 week off at between Christmas & New Years
- Monthly 'Team Time' events (what we've had so far: sailing on the Camden Canal, BBQ, ziplining & picnics,...)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£110k - £150k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£40k - £60k Annual
£53.6k - £80.4k Annual