Posted on Nov 9, 2021 by MP Recruitment Group
Want to do something a bit different?
What to fully trained by a company?
Do you enjoy a mix of working outdoors with some office-based work?
UKs largest independent specialist in their field, you can get involved with some
of the country's biggest, challenging and most important construction and infrastructure
They are looking for energetic and enthusiastic people to join a utilities mapping team.
They will provide all your training.
All you need is to be inquisitive, diligent, have an eye for detail and are flexible.
As part of our friendly team, your role will involve mapping of buried cables and pipes
(utilities) in the field and translating the survey results to provide high quality and accurate
- maps to a wide range of clients in the UK.You will need to enjoy working outdoors in all weathers and be flexible to cope with sometimes changing site conditions and client demands.
- In the office you will be helping collate and process the data and information you collectedin the field, pulling this together in AutoCAD into an accurate map.
- All your work will be supervised and overseen by an experienced team, and field work willalways be as part of a team.
- You will be provided with everything you need to do the job and we have a great supportteam who will ensure you have accommodation arranged for you, along with a vehicle andall equipment you need for the project.
- You will be provided with formal training on health and safety aspects and attend courses tohelp you understand some of the techniques.
- You will receive training in electromagnetic location (EML), ground penetrating radar (GPR), global positioning systems (GPS) & total station (TS) surveying.
- Much of your training in your first year or two will be learning alongside experienced utilities surveyors who can help develop your skills.
- You will have ample opportunities to develop your career, whether you just want to be the best at utilities mapping or gain experience of other surveys we undertake.
- Ideally you will be used to using computers and familiar with common software such as Word and Excel. If you have experience of drawing packages, thats even better.
- Maths and English at GCSE level or above alongside computer literacy.
- A UK driving licence is essential.
If successful, you will benefit from a competitive salary, allowances for working on-site, project incentive bonus scheme, company profit share scheme, health cash plan and pension.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£18k - £20k Annual
£18k - £20k Annual
£55k - £55k Annual
£43k - £43k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual