Informatica Systems Administrator
Posted on Nov 9, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Informatica Systems Administrator. Candidate will be part of the Engineering team working directly with our Data Governance partners and will be responsible for designing, building and administering our Informatica Suite on an AWS Cloud Platform.
- Collaborate with our Data Governance Team to
- Contribute to technical and system architectural planning
- Collaborate with others to resolve technical issues and outages
- Build/Maintain the AWS cloud PaaS hardware via Terraform/Ansible
- Install and upgrade our Enterprise Data Catalog (EDC) and Axon solutions
- SSO integration and setting up SSL certificates
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Help design and build the automation for environment/services to be online/offline
- Help design and build the approach for proper back-up/restore operations
- Assist with competitive product evaluations
- At least 2 - 5 years of experience as an Informatica Systems Administrator where you have installed and performed software upgrades across non-prod, pre-prod and prod environments
- Bachelor's degree or above in computer science, mathematics, or data science
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate technical information clearly, able to translate' between diverse groups of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to offer why one technical solutions is more preferable than another.
- Ability to work in a team environment in a collaborative manner.
- Comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to multitask across several large initiatives
- Support on call and off-hours work as needed
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of Linux OS
- Good understanding of system networking, including Firewalls, load balancers, etc.
- Must have experience in at least two programming languages. Examples could include Python, linux Shell Scripting, SQL, etc.
- Strong experience in providing, operational support and problem resolution for a large complex Linux/Informatica environment
- Administration experience with the following data management tools.
- Informatica AXON
- Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog (EDC)
- Experience with AWS Cloud
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Has demonstrated coaching and mentoring abilities