Senior Data Scientist
Posted on Nov 9, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Senior Data Scientist
Location: 100% REMOTE
Looking for an experience Data Scientist candidate to drive mobility data and drive decisions at scale driving and mobility data along with insurance shared mobility. You will be building machine learning models. Ability to code in python R Matlab Scala SQL SAS
Driving data collected from smartphones, onboard devices and third parties, and passionate about how it affects the end-users of our products. Build scalable distributed data pipelines, develop and deploy an array of machine learning algorithms, and create eye-opening data visualizations. We find top talent from various quantitative disciplines to collaborate with product owners, software engineers, and experience designers in development teams to create innovative products that make transportation smarter, safer, and more useful for everyone.
You will collaborate with product owners, data & software engineers, and designers to develop and deploy robust, scalable services that enhance our understanding of user mobility. You will create new ways of finding meaning from our unique combination of driving and mobility data along with insurance, shared mobility, and mobile app data that help us understand transportation and the risk of behaviors on the road.
- Building machine learning models using a variety of languages and tool sets to detect driving behaviors and leverage them to understand user mobility
- Working with large data sets using distributed computing frameworks
- Working cross-functionally to identify business opportunities for data science, collecting appropriate labels for learning, establishing actionable metrics, and creating reusable model validations and risk mitigation
- Communicating results to key stakeholders in a clear and compelling manner
- Applying appropriate methodologies for the problem and validating the solution with the appropriate metrics
- Establishing and following data science best practices including peer review, code review, documentation, coding standards, and ensuring reproducibility and compliance
- Expanding your data science skill set through development opportunities and researching innovative tools and techniques to level up our capabilities
- Experience driving complex data science projects from ideation through to completion, typically gained through at least a few years of experience in a similar role
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance or related discipline
- Ability to code and develop prototypes in languages such as Python, R, Matlab, Scala, SQL, SAS etc.
- Ability to translate business problems into well-defined analytical problems
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise
- Experience in managing and manipulating large and complex datasets in both relational databases and distributed environments (eg Hadoop)
- Experience in using statistical modelling and/or machine learning techniques to build models that have driven company decision-making