Resident Network Engineer - Russian/English Speaker
Posted on Nov 9, 2021 by Flint Consulting Limited
Resident Network Engineer - Routing/Switching Operations - Russian/English Speaker
About the Position
The Resident Network Engineer is a highly technical role, providing post-sales on-site support of Juniper Networks Products.
Resident Network Engineer - Routing/Switching Operations
This is a fixed term contract that can be renewed. On-site technical support to the Customer may require the RE:
- To hold design and information gathering workshops with the Customer to understand the Customer's existing network design and technical requirements of new network designs.
- To understand the Customer's organizational structure and become familiar with the Customer's network implementation and support processes and procedures to help in designing a network that is available and sustainable.
- To carry out testing of new Designs, features, and functionality as required by the Customer in a laboratory environment and to help develop plans to implement and verify that they are operating correctly in the live network.
- Develop and execute network changes methods and procedure and migration plans based on the customer requirements.
- Develop scripts and able to work on SDN and network automation.
- To produce a written summary report of the status of Design projects, equipment and network problems on a regular basis to the Customer.
- To hold technology workshops with the Customer to discuss equipment and network problems, and to provide case status updates, including the reasons for any problems encountered and the workarounds and/or solutions that are being tried.
- Support design and operations and panning of Juniper EX, SRX, MX Series network products within the Customer infrastructure.
- Support ongoing efforts in defining best practice policies for Juniper product applications used by Customer.
For this role you MUST have a minimum 5 years' experience providing implementation and technical support of networking products in LAN, WAN, or Internet services environments.
You MUST also be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
1) Detailed technical experience in the installation and operation of Switches and IP Routers. This includes hands-on operation of management tools and network analyzers.
2) A detailed understanding of Ethernet Switching, the protocols surrounding IP service provider networks. These skills should include: Strong Knowledge about Routing Protocols, L2 Switching, Spanning Tree, VLAN and VLAN manipulation, TCP/IP fundamentals. IP subnetting and supernetting and hierarchical routing principles, Routing protocol operation (OSPF, ISIS and BGP), Routing policies at BGP peering points, e. VPNs and the associated tunnelling technologies (L2TP, MPLS, DHCP, VPLS, Routing Protocols, etc.)
3) Strong understanding and expert level knowledge about core routing and Service Provider Network design and Architecture.
4) Excellent understanding of MPLS, MPLS Traffic Engineering, L3VPN, Mulitcast, Multicast over VPN, VPLS, L2VPNs and seamless MPLS.
5) Strong Scripting capabilities (using Python, Ansible and other coding languages)
6) A detailed understanding of Layer 1 and 2 protocols including high-speed Ethernet switching,
7) Strong Interpersonal skills
8) Inspired learner and generous teacher
9) The ability to function in a team environment.
10) Hands-on configuration and operational knowledge of Juniper and other Vendors Switching and Routing Products.
The IDEAL candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
1) Strong Knowledge about Data Center and Core Networks technologies
2) 5+ years' experience in managing large technical account activity revolving around network products from multiple vendors.
3) JNCIE is a plus.
4) Knowledge of Juniper MC, EX, IP Fabric and Metafabric is a plus.
5) Fluent in reading writing Russian and English language.