Posted on Nov 8, 2021 by Careers and Enterprise Company
We are the national body for careers education in England, delivering support to schools and colleges to deliver modern, 21st century careers education.
The Careers & Enterprise Company is a great place to work. We operate within a fast-paced and collaborative environment. We are brought together by one thing: our passion to ensure young people get the best possible start in life and are supported to find their best next step.
Do you want to be part of a mission-driven team focused on transforming young people's lives? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
As a Product Manager at The Careers & Enterprise Company, you will be working day-to-day on products that will help to improve careers education nationally. You will shape the future of our tools for schools and other key customer groups by delivering product enhancements and shipping new features.
Reporting to the Senior Product Manager, you will be a key member of our Data & Digital team.
We empower our product managers to understand user needs and solve difficult problems, while ensuring that our products support the company's overall strategy and goals.
Your track record working with delivery teams, and your highly collaborative approach with colleagues and stakeholders will ensure that complex feature development is understood, well managed, prioritised and communicated to the wider team, internal stakeholders, and end users.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and continually improving products across the product lifecycle.
- Gathering product feedback from our users and stakeholders and ensuring their needs are considered throughout the delivery process, turning those needs into well designed features that work.
- Developing key features in our products that support the overall product vision.
- Making the case for larger feature development and managing and maintaining product roadmaps.
- Understanding the broader objectives of the company and being able to communicate how our digital products relate to them.
- Providing clarity on product needs to a multi-disciplinary team, delivering improvements to our products in fortnightly sprints, ensuring that planning and estimation are well managed through agile ceremonies and are within financial constraints.
At least 3 years of significant product management experience, ideally working on complex products. However most importantly we look for candidates who have:
- experience working in an agile digital delivery environment
- experience of briefing and working directly with UX, design and software development teams
- experience of developing digital product strategies and roadmaps
- empathy for our users, are inquisitive about their needs and able to identify how changes to our products might support them better
- experience working within compliance, financial, policy or technology constraints
- experience managing the development of and working directly with large-scale data driven systems
- experience collaborating and communicating successfully with a wide range of audiences, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- the ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- a demonstrable interest in using analytics and quantitative insight to define and set success metrics
Skills and core competencies
- Able to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team
- An effective communicator
- Able to keep delivery on track and to escalate when necessary
- Organised with the ability to manage your time when you have competing priorities
- Good digital and technical understanding, and a desire to learn and build on this knowledge
- Curiosity about user needs
- An ability to turn user and stakeholder needs into innovative solutions
- A trusted and dependable team member, with a can-do approach, happy to step forward and take responsibility
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£35k - £40k Annual
£60k - £80k Annual
£60k - £80k Annual
£95k - £115k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£35k - £37k Annual
£40k - £65k Annual