UX Lead Developer
Posted on Nov 8, 2021 by Park Lane Recruitment
Following a spate of new clients and continued growth, a UX Lead to join their team.
Could this role be for you?
This role is central to our delivering an amazing result for our clients and key to maintaining best practice and ensure we exceed expectations on all our projects. You'll be working alongside an experienced team of designers, developers and marketers and be our lead on projects as they progress from initial brief, through to signing polished digital experiences that drive results and visibility for our clients.
About The Role
We're looking for someone passionate about solving problems with creative ideas and robust technology.
You'll have spent the last 2 years or so of your career working in a similar role in a creative or digital agency and have an excellent awareness of the commercial challenges businesses face in a noisy digital landscape.
You might have strengths in either creative design or writing code , or feel equally at home doing both, but we're specially looking for the following:
- You'll be a natural problem solver, capable of managing your own time and working to deadlines and leading a cross functional team
- You'll have a strong eye for detail and take pride in your work and demand the same from your team
- You'll be able to communicate clearly with clients and interrogate their requirements, translating these into a technical brief that will improve their digital experience and results
- You'll place human experience at the heart of work, personal relationships, so ware and platforms and instil the same ethos across the project team
- Use of modern design tools such as Figma or Adobe XD
- Experience with content management systems (Cra CMS would be a particular bonus)
- Knowledge of modern build tools such as Gulp, Webpack and Docker and Git version control
- We use modern cloud applications to support collaborative team working.
Any of the following skills would be a bonus but not essential
- Front end frameworks such as Vue or React
- Knowledge of technical SEO and website performance
- Experience with content management systems including Expression, Engine and WordPress
- An understanding of hosting, DNS and email account management
- Knowledge of tools like Google Tag Manager
- General graphic design
- Experience with video and audio editing
This will be a varied role that will typically involve:
- Being involved with the planning of new websites, so sitemaps, layouts and wireframes
- Designing websites, applications, landing pages and email campaigns
- Writing code (front end primarily, but knowledge of, or experience with server-side languages welcomed)
- Responding to support tickets and ad hoc tasks
- Supporting internal projects
- Working alongside clients and partners to solve problems and achieve great results
- Identifying and recommending solutions
- Upgrading content management systems to the most recent versions
- Testing websites and giving feedback prior to launch
- Integrating websites with third party tools like email campaign so ware or CRM systems
- Having fun!
Perks and Benefits
- Personal development opportunities
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Mac computer (desktop or laptop and display)
- Rural location in modern once
- Flexible working hours around core times
- Parking on-site
- Office based OR Flexibility to WFH as much or complete as you like
- Plentiful tea, coffee and social drinks
- Development days and conference or training budget
- Supermarkets in walking distance
- 28 days holiday increasing with service
- Discounts from major retailers