IT Supply Chain Project Manager
Posted on Nov 8, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a IT Supply Chain Project Manager. Candidate will be responsible for applying business and technical expertise to support, design and implement existing, new or revised business functionality for Supply Chain systems globally. This is a global role to lead and support projects across multiple business functions specializing Supply Chain processes and be accountable for change requests, and production support within the scope of the functional area of the job. This role should have ability to transform and to support advanced business functions and business requirements into design, build and implement systems/technical solutions for the specified functional area. This person will be the key resource to drive continuous improvement and Best Practices in support of the company vision, operation strategy and roadmap.
- Understand and demonstrate how SAP ECC and APO/IBP services will impact and integrate with customers' initiatives, business drivers, value and impact
- Set and manage stakeholders' expectations, demonstrating thought leadership to effectively influence key contacts and recommend solutions
- Direct the delivery of customer requirements workshops to produce functional and requirement specifications and best practice solutions
- Lead overall architectural design area of a project and solutions to address the customers' business requirements
- Understand customers' goals and objectives in order to identify what change initiatives are needed for the customer to be efficient and productive
- Translate business requirements in specific solutions, applications or process designs for moderately complex projects
- Provide advice to the definition of required strategies for migration or management of Legacy systems and data
- Make technical recommendations and implement overall system design to align with SAP requirements
- Project management activities such define scope, cost, schedule and deliver quality project, prepare and lead presentations
- Drive for quality results
- Problem solving
- Collaborative teamwork
- Must have functional and technical experience and knowledge to implement SAP Supply Chain modules (eg SD, LE, MM, IM) and applying Best Practices S/4 HANA functional/technical implementation is a plus.
- Very strong understanding of SAP landscape, architecture and data flow between SAP systems (eg EDW/HANA, TPM, ECC) with other applications (eg Salesforce, Anaplan, Vistaar)
- Global project management and leadership skills are essential with proven experience with ability to deliver projects on time and on budget with ability to undertake key activities, project deliverables and milestones. Solid organization and time management skills with prioritization on a global scale.
- Possess a keen ability to identify, manage and identify mitigation risks and actions and dependencies. Project implementation experience in SAP APO and SAP IBP is a plus.
- Manage business facing meetings, understand requirements, white board a solution design, write detailed specifications and hand over to developers onshore/offshore with oversight
- Experience in managing multiple internal/external resources in different global locations to successfully deliver quality projects
- Must have strong analytical skills with ability to quickly assess problems, gather relevant information, determine the root causes, and drive solution and design recommendations
- Excellent communication skills in technical/business language
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent years of experience (8+) in PLM
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in SAP Logistics modules
- Position based in US, availability to travel 25% internationally