Java Developer/Senior Java Developer - fully remote
Posted on Nov 6, 2021 by Easton Haines Consultancy
Java Developer/Senior Java Developer (fully remote)
The Senior Java Developers are an integral member of the Software Development Chapter, developing, implementing and maintaining motor insurance-based products within the Bespoke Product Tribe. They lead the design of products to meet business requirements, providing full technical product ownership including incident and business as usual change. They promote and embrace a culture of continuous improvement, carrying out improvements when identified and support the Software Development Lead (Chapter Lead) in advocating the use of delivery best practise.
My client has offices in London and South Wales but this role can be based 100% remotely from home
Reporting to the Software Development Lead your main responsibilities in the role will be to:
- Work closely with the Software Development Lead (Chapter Lead) in developing a positive and enthusiastic Chapter culture of one system thinking, self-organisation, open communication and transparency, collaboration, and continuous improvement, where people's contributions are recognised and rewarded
- Support the Software Development Lead (Chapter Lead) in mentoring and coaching junior members of the team in the technical delivery aspects of the role
- Support the Software Development Lead (Chapter Lead) in ensuring the team adheres to delivery best practise and governance
- Working as integral member of the Software Development Chapter, developing, implementing and maintaining motor insurance-based products
- Leading the design of products by adopting the appropriate design patterns
- Implementation and delivery of relevant coding standards
The role requires the job holder to be able to demonstrate a good mix of the following technical attributes:
- Experience of delivering technical solutions using Java and Spring Boot Microservice based technology.
- Experience of implementing and consuming RESTful web services.
- Experience of using version control systems such as Git.
- Experience of database design and implementation.
- Experience of TDD (Test Driven Development) and BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) practises for the purpose of unit and acceptance testing.
- An appreciation of CI/CD concepts and using tools such as Jenkins and DevOps Azure.
- Previous experience of working in a variety of delivery methodologies, specifically in an agile environment (eg SCRUM and Kanban).
With the following attributes being advantageous:
- Previous experience of working in an insurance environment
- Exposure to Docker, Kubernetes/OpenShift containerisation
- Exposure of working with Cloud technologies such as Azure.
In return you will receive an extremely competitive salary which is flexible as both Intermediate and Senior level candidates will be considered. In addition you will receive an excellent benefits package and the opportunity to work fully remotely (100% from home)
For further information please email your CV on the link provided. Alternatively, you can call the number shown below.
Easton Haines Consultancy is a specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. No terminology in the advertisement is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies, we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary or contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment business.
Please note that, unfortunately, due to the high level of applications, we are only able to respond to those candidates whose CVs match the job requirements.