Embedded C++ Developer (Yocto)
Posted on Nov 5, 2021 by Darwin Recruitment
Embedded C++ Developer (Yocto)/Medical Devices/External Consultant/Swiss based
Darwin Recruitment AG have a new open position at one of our key MedTech clients, where we are looking for a temporary external consultant to start as soon as possible.
- Project start date: December/January
- Duration: 12 months minimum
- Hourly Rate: CHF 90-100
Description of task:
- My client are using Embedded Linux (5.10.x version) as the operating system on the devices on a i.mx7 processor.
- This Embedded Linux needs to be configured and "built" for use cases.
- Your task:
- Would be to integrate, modify, update the BSP, configure the Yocto Build System system.
- Would be to generate out of the yocto build system the SDK, which is then used to compile out C++ Application for the remote target.
- Would be to work with the Team responsible for CI to integrate the yocto build server into the CI system allowing us to automatically generate complete and flashable S/W images every night.
- Would be to test the Functionality of Linux in combination with our application.
- Would be to integrate security mitigation measures into the Linux eco system.
- Some examples for potential tasks:
- Adapt Device Tree file due to HW changes.
- Integration/activate a library such as swupdate etc, to provide the C++ application with new functionalities (can be also debug functionalities).
- Enable and configuration user and application processes with restricted capabilities to improve security.
- Update meta-Qt layer.
- Update our Linux to a higher version or integrate security patches/updates.
- Contribute to the CVE Analysis.
- To be clear: we are not talking about using linux on our computers (there we use windows). We are talking here about the linux which runs our Embedded devices.
- Language: Fluency in English is needed.
- Working place: On-Site preferred. In exceptional cases working remotely can be considered.
- Qualification (hard skills):
- Has worked predominantly in Embedded environment.
- Was deeply involved with Embedded Linux.
- Has medium to advanced knowledge in C++ Programming.
Interested? Please send your CV and I will contact you to book a meeting.
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.