Director of Platform Monitoring - Enterprise Infrastructure APM AWS EC2 ELF
Posted on Nov 5, 2021 by Synchronoss Technologies
At Synchronoss We Transform & Digitize Telecommunications, Media & Technology (TMT) Companies.
We seek a Platform Monitoring Director/Platform Monitoring Senior Manager for our Customer Success Organization to create M&Ps, runbooks, alerts and monitoring standards for our products and platforms. You will work with the Engineering, SRE, UI/UX and Back End team to ensure our Enterprise Operations Center have the right tools and methods to continue best in class support for our customers. The Enterprise Monitoring Lead is an expert level technical leadership role that analyzes, designs, develops, implements and maintains solutions for Information Technology Service Management
(ITSM) functions based on the principals of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework. This includes using enterprise monitoring and AIOps products to apply solutions to infrastructure and applications to ensure business partnership agreements are met. Working on elements of large, complex applications, you will perform tasks of larger size and scope, perform all aspects of development and configuration assignments, and assist with design.
You must be Irish/UK/EU Citizen or have full working rights in one of these areas - strictly no form sponsorship is available for this role
How you will help:
- Development and maintenance life cycle strategy
- Standardize Monitoring Processes and Tooling methodologies across Platforms and Teams
- Analyzing User behavior and workloads for key use cases and high business impact.
- Review of Application architecture and solution the Performance Need for On-Premise and Cloud-based apps.
- Responsible for regular reporting of Monitoring status to stakeholders (VP's, Directors, IT managers, Department Heads, Release Managers etc).
- Working with internal customers to identify requirements and design solution.
- Manage and lead cross-functional teams for Monitoring issue resolution-software engineer and business SME
- Ensure Monitoring is considered in all projects, priorities and timelines, communicating to mid-management, review performances, and provide direction, and influences outcomes. Communicate progress and conflicts appropriately to management and stakeholders.
- Responsible for producing and delivering high quality, structured, fully tested Monitoring solutions on time, on budget, and in accordance with requirements and departmental quality standards.
- This unique role will work more independently with some general direction and is responsible for ensuring the standard methodologies and guidelines are adhered to in our Monitoring and Tooling methodologies across Product portfolios
- Find opportunities for business improvement and increased efficiency using metric analysis & own initiative.
- Optimization of global application deployment and distributed customer base (US, EMEA, APAC)
- Analysis of architecture and design for performance vulnerabilities and capacity planning
- Develop monitoring strategies for perf env and modelling user workloads for sales and new features.
- Building Dashboards metrics, alerts for the enterprise for Performance Environment
- Guide and establish the Performance Engineering Culture, onboarding all the stakeholders.
- Establish the Performance Footprints for the company
- APM Tools hand on experience like New Relic, AppD, Dyntrace, Data DOG
- Load Tools experience like LoadRunner, Perfecto, JMeter
- End-user Performance, Mobile apps, and Geo specific performance strategy
- All Apps Technology and Data Hub performance optimization experience
Who we have in mind:
The Director of Platform Monitoring is primarily responsible for delivering creative solutions that optimizes our platform while shifting to a proactive Digital Operations model. The Sr. Manager acts as a representative of the Customer Success Organization and will lead functional and technical discussions and engagements with stakeholders and leaders across the organization. A key aspect of this role is the development of strong partnerships with cross-functional teams while maintaining best in class monitoring and alerting capabilities for our products and platforms. This person also plays a strategic role in defining and owning the technology roadmap for the Monitoring Platform and is a key influencer in driving change.
- Lead delivering best in class Monitoring solutions
- Act as an SME/go-to person for areas of expertise across our modern and Legacy platforms
- Drive continuous automation, optimization and modernization of our Monitoring Platform
- Influence change across the organization toward modernization and adoption
- Support goals and milestones by partnering with architects, engineers, infosec and vendors to strategize, define and rollout solutions
- Support multiple, complex, long term projects simultaneously
- Holistic understanding of different monitoring capabilities such as infrastructure, application performance (APM) and user experience monitoring
- Experience with the monitoring & alerting tools: Prometheus, NewRelic, Azure Monitor, Nagios, Grafana, Graphite, PagerDuty
- Experience with leading and managing teams indirectly implementing effective engineering processes and ensuring ongoing alignment to the organization
- Experience working with multiple complex projects concurrently; familiarity with agile and scrum project management
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to positively interact with Executives, business managers, and employees
Role and experience sought
- Architect, deploy and manage our Monitoring & Observability platform;
- Define best practices around making our systems and services measurable and work with our various teams to get those best practices applied;
- Collaborate with our global Engineering & Product teams to ensure our services, platforms and infrastructure are emitting the right metrics;
- Collect, aggregate and visualize the collected metrics to provide actionable insight;
- Contribute to our evolving data driven and cloud first culture through continuous learning.
- Monitoring & Observability platform such as Dynatrace AppMon, Dynatrace Enterprise, App Dynamics, and log monitoring solutions: 5 years (Preferred)
- ELK: 2 years (Preferred)
- WebSphere MQ, Kafka messaging system, NoSQL databases (Mongo, Aerospike)
- Experience in performance managing AWS (EC2, ECS and Lambda) infrastructure
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Systems, or related field, plus a minimum of seven years of relevant IT experience
- Detailed knowledge in the software development process: 5 years (Preferred)
- Experience in developing detailed process workflow with automation orientation as well as automated monitoring and event management solutions: 5 years (Preferred)
- Strategic thinking and leadership skills with a desire to continuously improve and embrace change: 5 years (Preferred)
We know the TMT space. Our platforms, products, people, and partners help Telecommunications, Media, and Technology companies shift their digital business into high gear. The Internet of Things is the backbone of the 4th Industrial Revolution. This transformation will create dramatic new landscapes in smart cities, smart buildings, smart factories, and other applications.
Synchronoss is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As a global company, we value and celebrate diversity and are committed to a workplace free from discrimination and harassment. We take pride in fostering an inclusive environment based on mutual respect and merit. We are at our best when our workforce is dynamic in thought, experience, skill set, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual expression, national origin and beyond.