DevOps Engineer Data or Machine Learning Engineer & Scrum master
Posted on Nov 5, 2021 by Trilogy International
Years of exp needed: 5+ years
3+ years of hands-on experience in a scrum team, preferable as scrum master or ambition for scrum master role,
2+ years of experience with either data engineering or machine learning engineer, detailed profile description of data engineer and machine learning engineer in appendix, experience with SAFe.
What will you be doing:
We have made the decision to make the scrum master role part of an active DevOps engineer, this means that a DevOps Engineer in the scrum team will be 50% active as engineer and 50% as scrum master. Summarizing:
- as scrum master:
- you are responsible for running the scrum rituals in your team,
- you will remove any obstacles and impediments for your team,
- support your team in continuous improvements,
- and you collaborate with the RTE and other scrum masters in the ART.
- as DevOps engineer:
- you are actively developing in the sprint of your own team,
- you'll be doing both development and operations tasks,
- depending on the data engineer or machine learning engineer, more details are in the appendix of your day-to-day activities.
How is your team organized:
The team works according to scrum in a SAFe setup, it is part of an Agile Release Train with other data & analytics teams. Characteristics fort his team:
- the team is a end-to-end team with data scientists, machine learning engineers and data engineers, working from the start of a data science model till productionalizing,
- is working fully onshore,
- with 8 colleagues in the team,
- and has a DevOps responsibility (run what you own).