Linux Systems Administrator - Amsterdam
Posted on Nov 5, 2021 by Tiro Partners
Due to continued business growth, Tiro Partner's exclusive client based in Amsterdam is looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to join their team in Amsterdam. As Linux Systems Administrator you will be responsible for providing Infrastructure support across the organisations CentOS/Redhat environment, including involvement within various project teams.
The position as Linux Systems Administrator will include a range of support responsibilities including server installation/configuration, systems monitoring, storage, security monitoring, troubleshooting, and performance tuning.
The organisation is open to Junior, Medior and Senior level candidates who can play an important role managing, maintaining and improving the Linux server and desktop environments and delivering projects within their enterprise environment.
Alongside proven Scripting skills using Python and/or Bash, a keen interest in DevOps and Cloud technology such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Docker, Ansible, and GIT is also a major plus - although full training can be provided.
In summary, the Linux Systems Administrator will possess the following skills and competencies:
- Experience working with Linux infrastructure (CentOS or Redhat preferred)
- Solid problem solving, testing, and systems troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of programming/Scripting using Bash and/or Python
- Keen interest in DevOps and Cloud Technology such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Docker, Ansible, and GIT
- Eagerness to learn new skills
- A keen self starter who can work without supervision when needed
- Ability to work closely with Software Engineers using Python, PHP or Golang
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels.
The Linux Systems Administrator you will be given training and development from day one, playing a key role in supporting their big data and data science solutions which are widely used across the Scientific, Healthcare, Mechatronic, High-tech and Academic domains.
Our client makes sure they treat their staff very well and regularly hold team events, Hack days, Meetups and team lunches. Other benefits include:
- Excellent starting salary + annual bonus
- 30+ days Holiday + public holidays
- Training Allowance
- Flexible Remote Working (2-3 days in the office after Covid restrictions)
- Free Laptop and mobile Phone
- Excellent Pension
- Clear Career Progression initiative
If you fit the profile and you are interested in joining a company where employees are treated as integral parts of business growth and where retention is well above market averages, then please send me your most recent CV and await my response.