Business Intelligence Lead
Posted on Nov 5, 2021 by LCA Consulting Services
Business Intelligence Lead
My client requires an experienced BI Lead to join their project.
Coordinating the Business Intelligence and Database Administrator team, will be the main part of the responsibilities. Within the IT department you will have a smooth collaboration with the lead of the Clinical Trial Management System Development Team and IT Infrastructure. While focussing on the needs of the internal clients. (Project Management (PM); Science; HR; Finance)
As a team lead, you will define and manage the BI transformation in line with the Global IT Transformation and rollout of new applications. You'll define the roadmap for Cloud Migration Azure, rollout Power BI implementation across the company and transfer knowledge in IT team. As an true innovator, you drive innovation through Data.
Business Intelligence Team Lead: main Objectives
- Based on the functional specifications, coordinate and co-develop the technical architecture and design for Business Intelligence projects, Reporting, Data warehousing and ETL.
- Design and plan BI solutions considering the business and technical requirements
- Responsible for Datamodelling and data architecture design and implementation
- Define and implement meta data management structures and processes
- Day to day follow up developers towards consistent development
- Coordinate and co-develop the technical architecture and design for the existing BI projects and tools, based on the functional specifications:
- Data Portal (Remote Data Access and Data Transfer)
- Reporting, Analytics, Dashboards, KPIs, Tracking, Forecasting
- Data warehouse (DWH)
- Extract-Transform-Load Process (ETL)
- Design and implement BI solutions considering the business and technical requirements
- Evaluate new projects based on company objectives
- Implement and integrate new tools
- Responsible for data availability in internal/external tools and synchronization
- Responsible for data architecture, Datamodelling, data flows
- Plan the technical realization of tasks including resources
- Agile/Scrum methodology (releases, change requests, bugs)
- Follow up of the analysis, development and testing of new requests
- Day to day follow up with the BI team
- Weekly follow up with the DBAs team
- Communicate and consult with stakeholders and (indirectly) with customers via PMs
- Ensure the creation of proper technical documentation
- Collaboration with Quality Assurance (software validation)
- Identify risks and problems and follow up their resolution
- Escalate impediments towards IT or business
- Cooperate with the other team leaders to realize business goals
- Manage the resources capacity based on current and future workload
- Provide a stable development environment (Servers/Azure)
- Manage the performance and competences of the team members (training)
- Bachelor or master in information technology or computer sciences or equivalent by experience.
- Agile and pragmatic approach.
- Knowledge of UML methodologies or other analysis techniques
- At least 10-15 years experience in Business Intelligence domain
- A strong customer focus and service-oriented attitude.
- You take initiative, are able to work independently and like to learn new things.
- You have good communication skills and are result driven.
- You are a team player.
- Strong analytical mentality/conceptual way of thinking.