Posted on Nov 5, 2021 by HEPCO INC.
HEPCO has an excellent contract position for an HR Coordinator to work at one of our elite clients in NY.
Under supervision, assist Sr. Director by performing personnel coordination, analytical, and administrative tasks for capital projects.
Normal Work Week:
Monday to Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
A baccalaureate Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources or Equivalent.
Three years of satisfactory Full time professional experience in one or a combination of the following areas: working with the budget of a large public or private concern in budget administration, accounting, economic or financial administration, or fiscal or economic research; or in management or methods analysis, operations research, organizational research or program evaluation; or in personnel or public administration, recruitment, position classification, personnel relations, labor relations, employee benefits, staff development, employment program planning/administration, labor market research, economic planning, social services program planning/evaluation, or fiscal management; or in a related area.
A master's degree from an accredited college or university and one years of satisfactory Full time professional experience as stated above.
Special Skills/Training Requirements:
Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Access and PowerPoint). Experience with Outlook and Microsoft Office is required.
Description of Work:
The candidates will be responsible for handling all employment related activities for new hire or promotion, which may include coordinating hiring pools, reviewing pre-employment documentation to ensure eligibility for employment in compliance with company rules, regulations, policies and procedures. The incumbent will also ensure that the hiring candidate complies with civil service law and personnel rules and regulations for the New York City Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS). The candidates will also participate in processing the job shopper new/renewal request.
The candidates will assist respective manager in the following activities:
- Identify the need of employee/job shopper in the Stations Business Unit.
- Coordinate with managers in need of either technical or administrative staff.
- Prepare/process necessary documents such as memos and scope of work for the staffing need, get them approved and send them to C&D Coordinator for final distribution and processing.
- Collect the resumes and provide them to the respective hiring managers.
- Schedule/coordinate interviews for the prospective candidates and participate in interviews if necessary.
- Prepare necessary documents for the selected candidate for employment.
- Identify the funding source and prepare the necessary budget action such as WAR certificate.
- Prepare reports, employees/job shoppers database, create proposed salary analysis worksheets, and other administrative work such as assigning cubicles, computers, phones, time sheets, overtime usage data, etc.