Posted on Nov 5, 2021 by NP Group
Java Software Engineer - Financial Markets
Marnix, Brussels, Belgium
The Financial Markets development teams are focused on delivering solutions for sales, traders and risk managers. We are specialized in derivative products, covering multiple asset classes (equities, commodities, interest rates). Our business users are located in London, Amsterdam, Brussels, New York and Singapore.
We are building applications to automate the whole flow from client quote requests, to pricing, booking and risk management as much as possible.
In this Software Engineering role, you will:
- Work on the Back End services supporting our business and expose the functionality through REST services
- Work on continuously improving the architectural design of the application and the infrastructure setup, as well as the automated build and deployment
- Work on improving the general quality, reliability and performance
- Collaborate with business experts to implement complex features
- Apply good automated testing practices
- Use your expertise to find and resolve bugs
We look for:
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, design patterns, parallel programming and code optimization
- Experience writing modular testable software
- Expertise in Java, Spring Boot, Git, SQL
- Problem solving skills to structure and improve complex situations
- Good written and spoken knowledge of English
It's preferred if you have:
- Experience working in financial markets
- Acquired a good knowledge of equity derivatives trading
- Worked with market data provider APIs (Refinitiv/RFA, Bloomberg B-Pipe)
Networking People (UK) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.