Mechatronic Software Engineer (m/w/d)
Posted on Nov 5, 2021 by ITech Consult
Mechatronic Software Engineer (m/w/d) - SCRUM/Industry/C++/Matlab/English/German
For our client Roche Diagnostic based in Rotkreuz we are looking for a Mechatronic Software Engineer (m/w/d).
We are looking for a software engineer to strengthen the software team within an interdisciplinary department of software, electronics, mechanical and test engineers. In this challenging position, you will have the opportunity to develop software for the control of a networked mechatronic component within a large laboratory automation system. The system is a hybrid Real Time/nonReal Time system, combining Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC, with IEC 61131-3 Structured Text) and state-of-the-art Internet technologies to provide outstanding reliability and user experience Embedded in our customer's laboratories.
The system is tested using both real and simulated hardware with a high degree of automation.
The project is located in Rotkreuz, Switzerland with partner development teams in Germany and Spain.
Areas of responsibility:
- Participation in all phases of software development from feasibility studies through design, development, testing and bug fixing and maintenance with the opportunity to tailor the role to your strengths (eg SCRUM Master, CI/CD expert, ..)
- Based on requirements and models, definition of software architecture, design and specifications, ultimately leading to implementation
- Participation in the definition of work packages, their estimation and planning in a sprint-based agile environment
- Adherence to a software development process including contribution to written deliverables and Documentation
Professional and technical requirements:
- University degree in a software related field such as software or electrical engineering
- At least 5 years of industry experience
- Knowledge of C++ or C combined with at least one other object-oriented language
- Sound understanding of Computing (Memory, Concurrency, Scheduling) is a must
- Experience with PLC technology or Matlab/Simulink would be an advantage
- Experience in Scripting or Build- and Test Automation Systems would be an advantage
- Experience in creating Single-Page-Applications or distributed systems
- Experience working in regulated environments such as the medical device industry
- Engineers with an interest in interdisciplinary and hardware focussed applications as well as electronic or mechanical engineers with a strong background and interest in software development are encouraged to apply
- Fluent in English, fluent in German beneficial
Reference no: 920804SKN
Role: Mechatronic Software Engineer
Industry: Pharmaceutical industry
Location: Rotkreuz, Switzerland
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 1 year contract with extension
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.