Posted on Nov 5, 2021 by DCV Technologies
Drupal Developer - Fully remote
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Drupal Developer to join a self-managing, agile team within the Sales and Marketing Team, you'll use modern web technologies to drive developments which enhance the user experience.
This role is a permanent position Fully Remote
- You'll take a proactive approach in development of services for our customers, as well as identifying and resolving issues, and working closely with all stakeholders to help define requirements, by providing an in-depth technical input.
- You will be passionate about the production of high quality, reusable, and extensible code, and will champion this amongst the team, encouraging high development standards and practices.
- The Drupal Developer will also take an active interest in all technologies used at the organisation, and how they can be used to improve the customer experience, and effectiveness of the team.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Working with the UX and design teams and other internal/external stakeholders to understand, challenge and document requirements for developments which enhance the learner experience.
- Support the creation of stories and technical sub-tasks in relation to developments using PHP, Drupal, and other technologies in use.
- Maintain and enhance the websites through PHP, new modules, unit testing functionality and deploying updates.
- Research, design, test and implement web technologies to improve customer experience and/or marketing reach.
- Evaluate, make recommendations, and deploy new software/hardware as necessary, to support the usability and functionality of the websites.
- Assist with management of the internal and external server infrastructure that supports prime activities of web development and software application development.
- Administer and carry out configuration management for new support tools/software as necessary.
- Manage Front End cache solutions, web Servers, databases and application management.
- Produce documentation appropriate to each project to track the online customer experience and ensure team members and key stakeholders are kept informed.
- Apply knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our customers.
- Act as liaison between stakeholders, marketing and IT engagement teams on technical matters.
- Work with external organisations as required to scope and deliver projects.
- Provide quality assurance and supervision of outputs.
Person specification: Required
- 5+ years' relevant professional experience.
- Ability to extract and translate user/stakeholder requirements into suitable documentation and to communicate colleagues clearly and without unnecessary jargon.
- Excellent understanding of functional requirements frameworks and concepts with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of delivering within an agile environment.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, large-scale, agile change initiative with multiple technologies
- A fan of, a genuine interest in and a willingness to learn and develop skills in new technology outside of their direct role.
Experience/knowledge of the following:
- Object-oriented MVC development patterns
- HTML 5
- Drupal 7, Drupal 8/9, Drush
- Composer package management
- git, git flow, git merge, git subtree
- AMP stack
- Apache configuration and administration
- Apache SOLR
- PhpUnit, Behat
- PHP_CodeSniffer, ESLint, stylelint
- Jetbrains PhpStorm
Nice to have
- Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager
- SCSS, Compass, Ruby gems
- NodeJS, Nuxt.js
- JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence, Bamboo
- AI/indexing/search tech eg Algolia
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£600 - £600 Daily
£48k - £51k Annual
£60k - £70k Annual
£350 - £400 Daily
£250 - £320 Daily