DNS/IPAM Systems Engineer/Architect
Posted on Nov 4, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
DNS Systems Architect/Engineer
Looking for a candidate to leverage the Python or Automation DNS/IP entries to ensure they can manage hundreds of thousands of DNS and IP entries, de-dup them, map their NATs and VIPs, get us under a fully managed umbrella out of chaos of many different DNS and IP implementations for our massive firm built on top of many unintegrated acquisitions over the years.
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- DNSSEC & general DNS security practices and protections against hijacks, poisons, etc.
- Global Service Load Balancing with Cloud Based DNS Providers and F5 GTM and Citrix Netscaler
- IP Address Management
- Bluecat DNS, DHCP, IPAM
- Microsoft Active Directory DNS, DHCP, IPAM, Sites
- ISC BIND
- Common Internet based toolsets and websites: ICANN, ARIN, RIPE, etc WHOIS, Restful JSON services, etc.
- IP Network Address Translation (NAT) and impacts on DNS
- Python, Perl, Ansible, Rundeck, Jinja2, Terraform, AppViewX, or other Scripting/automation/templating skills to automate consumption of DNS/IPs and to comb through hundreds of thousands of disparate DNS records and IPAM tools and create common go-forward references
- Cloud Based DNS Services: NSOne, Oracle DynEct, AWS Route 53, UltraDNS, Cisco OpenDNS/Umbrella
- The IPAM Network Engineer will operate, support automation, and maintain the IP Address Management (IPAM) systems across the enterprise. In addition to managing the system, the administrator will be responsible for managing address allocations and integrity of the data in the IPAM, ARIN, RIPE, and Domain Registrars.
- Ensure the IPAM platforms and services are managed and maintained.
- Develop automation and support Embedded API calls for external system integration to the IPAM systems.
- Report on availability, response times of DNS and API, data integrity and capacity of the IPAM systems
- Develop scripts and automation to support IPAM as a service, and to maintain system.
- Manage 3rd party tool administration with partners such as CSC, Dyn, ARIN, R53, etc.
- Provide on call support
- Update operations and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 personnel.
- Associates Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent Extensive and recent experience of DNS in a large enterprise (Configuration and Management).
- In-depth knowledge of DNS, NTP, IPAM, BIND, and DHCP.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving, and the ability to, and the ability to debug complex-cross systems problems, and document root cause including remediation and detection.
- Experience in change and incident management.