Posted on Nov 4, 2021 by Experis AG
Experis IT Switzerland is in a search of an experienced Oracle DBA to join one of their clients, a well-known international organisation. This is a temporary position based out in Basel.
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months with high chance of further extension
- SME is responsible for Incident, Change, Problem, Knowledge, Availability and Capacity Management for the Database stacks (Oracle, MS-SQL, IBM DB2, MySQL and PostgreSQL).
- Manage L2/L3 production/project support activities
- This also includes the initial setup or update, patching for these Databases
- Responsible for script development/update in different Scripting (Shell and Perl)
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Exposure in other Database Technologies like Informix is an advantage
- Experience or familiar on tools like ticketing and monitoring tools
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring the team members
- Willingness to work on flexible working hours including weekends
- Involved in Routine Operational support and troubleshooting
- Performs daily monitoring and general administration of all Database instances
- Responds to all database alerts, warnings, and errors in a timely, consistent manner
- Resolves common database system issues in a timely, consistent manner
- Escalates complex issues to internal team members and third party groups as appropriate
- Maintains relations with vendor support to ensure quick response to problems
- Ensures availability and integrity including backup and archiving, database recovery, disaster recovery and system response time
- Design, coordination and running of various backups and database scripts
- Performs upgrades and patching of databases on a regular basis
- Must have 6-8 years of hands on experience working with Databases like Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL on a Linux environment.
- Must have experience developing, modifying and maintaining Shell Scripts (bash, Perl, etc.).
- Must have strong Documentation abilities.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Should have working knowledge of disk storage array technology and its application to Oracle ASM/RAC
- Should have education and experience with Oracle RAC 11g technology
- Certification is added advantage
- Added advantage to German Speaking candidates
Experience of high availability and DR configuration and setup is desired.
Don't hesitate and send us your CV and testimonials today through the link in the advert.
Apply today to secure your chances in this interesting opportunity. Should you require additional information, please contact Martyna Slosarczyk