Director of Information Services
Posted on Nov 4, 2021 by Responsive Search, Inc.
Responsible for the monitoring, maintenance and administration of an IBM iSeries (AS400) server/system including security, performance monitoring & tuning, hardware/software maintenance, backup and restore procedures. Furthermore, responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of an application system initiative in order to provide information throughout the organization using RPG, CL and SQL.
- Analyze business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Ability to translate business requirements into sound technical solutions while interfacing with a variety of end users and business units
- Evaluate complex user requests, projects and clarify objectives and functional requirements for new or modified programs and processes
- Work closely with functional user departments/agencies as needed in all phases of process improvement to the system applications
- Provide knowledge & support in conjunction with the executive staff to assist in strategic planning
- Provide leadership to IT Staff, prioritizing projects and ensuring commitments are met
- Evaluate and monitor the performance of outside consultants that are involved in any information technology project
- Manage budget costs and purchase of equipment, peripherals and software
- Recommend and conduct technical training for personnel
Bachelor's degree preferred in Computer Science
Minimum 10 years of management experience or total equivalent experience
Technical knowledge/experience and skills:
- IBM iSeries operational knowledge, systems administration and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of networked systems, access and security guidelines and procedures
- Working knowledge of RPG/LE, CL and SQL Server
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.