Information Security Architect
Posted on Nov 4, 2021 by NP Group
Contract Assignment - Information Security Architect
Reference - 13387
Day Rate - €500 - €575 per day Outside of IR35
Duration - 12 months contract
Start Date - ASAP
Location - Ireland
As a Security Architect, you will be a key member of our ISRM Europe team. The candidate will have a deep background in key aspects of security architecture needed to enable and securely deliver applications, infrastructure and computing platforms. You will work collaboratively with other ISRM teams, including but not limited to Security Governance, Risk Management, Security Architecture, and Identity and Access Management, to ensure solutions and services are securely designed and adopted effectively.
The role will be an advocate of the Information Protection Strategy, ensuring that security initiatives and services are appropriately adopted by Business Units, following our strategic principle of global oversight, local insight, and applying outside-in thinking
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive vision and strategy for platform (eg, cloud, on-premise, hybrid) security architecture to accomplish objectives of protecting systems and data while facilitating new and existing business models highly dependent on technology.
- Manage a portfolio of security architecture-related solutions including a demand pipeline of projects/tasks to create, evolve, and change them as needed.
- Formally define and develop security requirements, designs, procedures and processes for use by different teams.
- Research, design, validate and support technology solutions to meet security and business needs.
- Remain current with new security threats and assess applications and systems to ensure they meet security requirements including adherence to Security Policies and Standards.
- Develops an understanding how business strategy, risk, regulation and technical constraints influence organisational responses to cyber security.
- Understand the drivers and requirements of the business and translates those into technology solutions, serving as a liaison between technical teams and management.
- Identify and document critical path decisions, make recommendations, and influence program leaders/business process owners.
- Constantly research capabilities of current and new disruptive solutions on the market
- Act as subject matter expert and provides consulting to all internal teams around application, infrastructure, and cloud security.
- Influence the planning of solutions and processes to ensure security requirements are met.
- Partner and coach technology and business teams.
5+ years in security architecture including 3+ years in cloud security architecture
- Proven experience working in engineering/architecture capacity supporting network security and cloud security technologies and capabilities (eg, Azure Cloud Security, Infrastructure Security, Endpoint Security, Security Monitoring, Perimeter Security, etc.)
- Strong management skills planning, organizing, and leading architecture development efforts
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to build/maintain ongoing business relationships
- Self-Starter that requires minimal supervision, multi-tasks effectively, and can provide oversight and coaching to others for any assigned projects or tasks.
- Experience of industry standard architectural methodologies and frameworks such as SABSA and TOGAF.
- Detailed understanding of control frameworks such as HITRUST, ISO 27001/2, NIST CSF, COBIT
- Experience with compliance regulations/laws, and standards (eg, GDPR, HIPAA, ITIL, SOX).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand the interdependencies between Business, IT, and Security.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of the healthcare and software industries
- Familiarity with healthcare, privacy, and financial compliance regulations would be an advantage
- Experience in using Jira and Smartsheets
- Knowledge of another European language like French, German, Italian, or Norwegian would be an advantage
Education and Certifications
4-year degree in information technology, information security or related field or equivalent experience
Preferred: Qualification or Certification on Cloud Security (eg, Certified Cloud Security Professional, Azure Security Engineer, etc.) or Architecture (eg, SABSA, TOGAF, Azure Solutions Architect, etc.)
Networking People (UK) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.