Data Scientist impacting insurance worldwide
Posted on Nov 4, 2021 by Darwin Recruitment
This an opportunity to join a innovative and dynamic B2B insurance provider.
They are a life insurance company that focuses on the corporate customer business. Only B2B. This isn't going to be the volume you would see in other insurance companies but a lot more rigours focus on the quality.
They offer all the insurance products that cover the financial consequences of sickness and accidents. The focus on the employee benefit package and insurance that employers are legally responsible for providing. So this includes a pension and accident insurance. They are simply a one stop shop, all risk products from a single provider.
Now they have a presence in 9 different countries, insurance 2 million people and are in great position to build on this success into 2021 and beyond
They are seeking a Data Engineer to support them by building, running and continuously improving a data platform which will be used to generate insights and create data driven products from both structured and unstructured data.
You make an impact by
- Supporting the product and underwriting team to push underwriting accuracy on topics like pricing and costing through a data driven approach
- Play your part in getting a new and better insights on internal data to better capture quantive risks in costing assumptions in all products offered
- Combine internal and external data you perform additional experience study/data analysis of a market or a line of business across markets.
- Develop a forward thinking mindset to enhance trend understanding
- Review business performance to support the head steering and portfolio management
- Support active portfolios steering and target setting via a data driven approach to the portfolios on numerous markets
- Play your part in the development of a costing benchmark platform
- Ready reports based on analysis of these items for senior management
- Provide assistance on data projects and initiatives when needed to do so
You make this impact because you bring
- Experience in performing data analysis
- Good knowledge in R and SQL
- Knowledge in predictive models and machine learning are a plus
- Knowledge in Python is a plus
- Knowledge of the insurance industry is a plus
- You are an analytical and conceptual thinker
- Fluent English speaker
- German language proficiency is a plus
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.