Data Engineer impacting insurance worldwide
Posted on Nov 4, 2021 by Darwin Recruitment
This an opportunity to join a innovative and dynamic B2B insurance provider.
They are a life insurance company that focuses on the corporate customer business. Only B2B. This isn't going to be the volume you would see in other insurance companies but a lot more rigours focus on the quality.
They offer all the insurance products that cover the financial consequences of sickness and accidents. The focus on the employee benefit package and insurance that employers are legally responsible for providing. So this includes a pension and accident insurance. They are simply a one stop shop, all risk products from a single provider.
Now they have a presence in 9 different countries, insurance 2 million people and are in great position to build on this success into 2021 and beyond
They are seeking a Data Engineer to support them by building, running and continuously improving a data platform which will be used to generate insights and create data driven products from both structured and unstructured data.
You make an impact by
- Build, run and continuously improve a data platform that will be used to generate insights and create data driven products from both structured and unstructured data for the benefit of business and strategic initiatives.
- Design data models that support self service data driven analytics solutions for business users and data scientists
- Implement data from numerous sources to be able to feed data models
- Implement business logics, checks, etc to bring data into the correct format and quality.
- Developing, managing, optimizing, verifying, and test code for data processing
- You automate and can speed up data loads, data quality checks, test and more processes so that business users/data scientists are able to have quick access to data
- Take responsibility for running, stabilizing and scaling existing and emerging platforms to be able to influence how pricing, business analytics, product design and financial reporting are performed
You make this impact because you bring
- Data integration, Datamodelling and data management experience
- Good knowledge of various technologies needed for data engineering
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, storage systems and cloud infrastructure.
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, PySpark, R, Java
- Knowledge of Azure products - synapse analytics, data lake 2 GEN, Data factory
- Knowledge of Front End technologies are a plus
- Knowledge of insurance industry is a plus
- Fluent English language
- German language proficiency Is a plus
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.