Tech Dev Team Lead (full remote)
Posted on Nov 4, 2021 by Hey Talent
The Technical Lead manages a team of Technical Support analysts who are the focal point and direct interface to customers providing effective solutions and communication on technical issues and product expertise. The Team Lead will also assist in escalations relating to service issues that may impact customer satisfaction, the image or revenue opportunities for our client. The individual will also, promote customer advocacy utilizing product and industry knowledge along with technical leadership in the areas of customer and our client activities.
As a Technical Support Lead your primary objective within the role is to efficiently and effectively lead, manage & develop the technical support team, driving exceptional service and KPI achievement. Communication skills, both technical and social, are critical within this role as you will be expected to communicate effectively with senior level technical and managerial teams both internal to our client and our customers.
- To be a mentor to the team and provide assistance with any related issues/incidents in area of expertise
- Lead the team to proactively identify, deliver & manage ongoing service improvement initiatives, including but not limited to:
o Time management
o Process adherence
o Technical operational standards
o Technical working practices
- Act as a senior escalation point for all related issues in area of expertise and deputising for other team leaders where necessary
- Encouraging ownership and empowerment where necessary and warranted
- Ensure all support documentation standards are set and that they are reviewed and updated when necessary
- Eliminate any single points of failure by ensuring the team has the required skills to deliver against contractual obligations
- Work with the Managed Services Transition team to ensure that new business take-on's are undertaken, effectively, comprehensively & on time.
- Assist with knowledge transfer activities as part of the transition
- Keep up to date with current our client policies and procedures
- Supporting the service desk to ensure that the workload of the team is managed, distributed as evenly as possible, according to skills and ensuring that SLA's and KPI's are met
- Assist with the identification and improvement of any process or skills gaps
- Take part in the team recruitment process to ensure quality & skills of new hires
- Provide technical input into the team performance review and management process
- Technical input into the building or enhancing of service offerings and costing models
- Technical input into sales proposals where necessary
- Work with the Professional Services teams to define quality development tools & standards
- To assist the Operations Manager where needed with resource allocation and escalations
- Attend and or conducting meetings with clients and or team when required
- Ensure all monthly reports are completed on time
- Recommend and encouraging team member development as well as time to evaluate new technologies/working practices
- Ensure that the Tech Dev team ROTA and on-call ROTA is up to date and that cover is always available
- Conduct performance Goals 1-2-1's with each individual within the team at regular intervals and attend formal reviews with the Operations Manager
- Monitor and raise staff performance issues promptly with Operations Manager
- Delegate and manage the output and delivery of service improvements/technical developments
- Own new starter induction activities within your area of responsibility
- Promote the company ethos and always encourage a positive attitude
- 10+ years hands on Oracle E-business experience or and Oracle Fusion/ERP Cloud, 5 years in team lead roles.
- Held the role of a Technical Specialist and/or Solution Architect and owning the responsibility of the core design phases and full development life cycle at an enterprise scale and be willing to be hands on when needed.
- Knowledge and experience of Oracle Technology Products - both Cloud and on premise.
- Have worked and be familiar with SaaS products, ideally across ERP/HCM/EPM.
- Have experience in implementing solutions, including but not limited to the following Oracle application-packaged modules: Oracle Cloud ERP, Oracle Cloud EPM, Oracle Cloud HCM, EBS, PeopleSoft
- Expert knowledge of Oracle development tools, some E-business application functionality, system administration, database structure, and knowledge of a multi-Org architecture
- Technical requirements: SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Script, Java, XML, JDeveloper, Oracle Reports/Forms, Oracle Workflow, Oracle BI Publisher, OTBI, APEX, AME, ODI, OBIA, OBIEE, WebLogic
- Perform Hands on Configurations and Understand the Applications business flows and Technical Architecture
- Assist in the identification, assessment and resolution of complex technical issues/problems. Interact with client frequently around specific work efforts/deliverables
- Client facing and consulting experience required.
N.B. The above does not represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities and tasks but indicates the main responsibilities required from employees in the role. The Company reserves the right to require employees to perform other duties from time to time.