Full Stack Software Engineer (C#, .Net)
Posted on Nov 4, 2021 by Capital on Tap
At Capital on Tap, we believe in small businesses and their potential. That's why we are on a mission to build tools for small businesses to help them thrive.
We have helped more than 120,000 small businesses across the UK and the US, and hope to partner with more than 1 million businesses by the end of 2025. We have been named by the Financial Times as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Europe for 5 years in a row and we have a global team of 200 across London, Cardiff and Atlanta.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture. Your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions and we champion you to pilot your own ideas to have an impact and add value to the business!
We are a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and welcome. We foster an environment that allows people to share, engage, learn, support, participate and work towards positive change. We hold regular culture and inclusion events, such as Black History Month, Pride Week and International Women's Day and have genuine goals to improve every day. You can read more about these events on our blog , and more about our team and our values here .The Role
Software development is at the core of our business and has driven our success and growth. We are now looking for more amazing engineers to join our team and help us build the best business credit card in the world!
Our product managers, business stakeholders, QAs, designers and engineers collaborate together in cross-functional mission teams. This allows us to test hypotheses, build features and address problems quickly and efficiently, working within a scrum framework.
We offer great progression within engineering, with routes into team management or technical leadership. Our team leads and tech leads have all been promoted internally.
Our engineers are given the freedom and autonomy to make empowered decisions, research new technologies, and learn and share knowledge with their peers. Developers are encouraged to take ownership of architectural decisions. We hold Engineering Architecture chats weekly, Show and Tells fortnightly and bi-annual company wide hackathons (with some incredible prizes).
Our projects vary between developing software for both internal and customer-facing use. You will be involved right from conception to delivery and post launch support.
Our recent projects
- Decisioning engines that allow us to give credit decisions to the majority of our customers in under 1 minute
- A new React web application for customers to manage their accounts
- An internal management portal for our Customer Service Team
- Building a new card product as a card issuer
- Internationalising our platform
- C# (.net472/.net Core/.net 5) for our application code
- REST APIs
- SQL Server and Entity Framework
- React and Redux for internal and external web applications
- Azure as our Cloud Provider
Our current roles are for mid level engineers. We would love for you to apply if
- You have a few years of experience with 2 or more of the following
- C# (any version)
- You want to play an active role in a rapidly growing product that is helping thousands of everyday businesses thrive
- You enjoy working in a team and are happy to get stuck in from day one
- You love diving into challenging problems
- You have a real passion for your work and love learning
- You are happy sharing your knowledge and experience with the team
Job satisfaction! You will quickly see your work making a real impact on your colleagues and our customers.
We try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location in Shoreditch we also offer:
- Competitive base salary
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Generous yearly anniversary rewards (including 4 weeks paid sabbatical in year 4)
- We give every employee a learning budget of £1,000 a year to spend on your own personal development (we want to encourage your growth!)
- Private healthcare through Vitality
- Six free therapy sessions
- Opportunities for internal career progression
- Free breakfast and snacks every day
- An opportunity to pilot new ideas that impact the growth and direction of the business
- The chance to work for one of the fastest-growing FinTech companies in the UK
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme
At Capital on Tap we are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ability, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us who we are.
We want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and that they can be their authentic selves. We welcome, consider and encourage applications from anyone that shares this passion.