Automations and SCADA Solutions Engineer
Posted on Nov 1, 2021 by Novotek
Help UK Industry Modernise and Optimise
We're looking for people who can establish themselves as an extension of our customers' control and instrumentation teams, by demonstrating deep technical knowledge and creative application of modern automation technologies.
Your goals and responsabilities
- Establish detailed knowledge of customer automation footprints, and their ongoing needs for investment and support
- Design, validate and present automation solutions for greenfield and upgrade scenarios
- Effectively communicate different aspects of automation value propositions to a mix of customer roles, including non-technical people
- Evangelise our key partners' (GE Digital, Emerson Machine Control) products to customer technical teams and influencers
- Support sales and marketing efforts by building and delivering demonstration solutions for key customers and markets
- Provide support and consultative services to systems integration partners that work with Emerson and GE technologies
- Help Novotek sales colleagues identify and qualify automation product opportunities in their customer and prospect base
What we offer
- Flexibility - this role will work across our entire territory, so the successful candidate may be home-based if not located near one of our offices
- A place in a team that works together to create shared opportunities and shared success
- Competitive salary and incentive scheme
- Ongoing professional development, including opportunities to develop new technology skills and domain expertise
- Ongoing personal development including opportunities to career options in different roles as Novotek grows
Bachelor's Degree in science, engineering, technology or related discipline or equivalent industrial experience such as a minimum of five (5) years' experience within a hands-on automation role
- Substantial hands-on experience with PLC or other automation controllers, including HMI, within industry. This should include all aspects from customer requirements gathering, initial system design, implementation, testing, commissioning through to on-going support. Ideally this should include exposure to SCADA systems.
- Ideal candidates will have experience working with GE (now Emerson) PACSystems RX3i, Series 90 or other platforms, and iFIX or CIMPLICITY SCADA.
- The ability to program in at least one IEC 1131 language
- Practical exposure to OPC communications, ideally OPC UA
- Exposure to relevant automation standards such as ISA 95, ISA 101 (HMI), ISA 18.2 (Alarm Management), ISA 62443 (Security) and IEC 1131.
- Experience of any of the following would be beneficial:
- Machine safety
- Device level networks
- Motion control solutions
- High availability architectures
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Salary Range: £47,000-£52,000/year