Senior Sustainability Manager - Construction
Posted on Nov 1, 2021 by Lewis Davey
We're looking for Sustainability Managers who are "doers" and keen to have tangible impacts within the construction and wider built environment.
Promoting innovation and change across sustainability, we're looking for sustainability generalist who has exposure to going "beyond-compliance" and working across waste, energy/carbon, water, responsible sourcing of materials or sustainable buildings.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the project and client teams deliver corporate targets and client ambitions.
- Aiming to innovate, exceed and deliver positive sustainability outcomes beyond compliance.
- Ensuring sustainability reporting and compliance requirements are met in the most business efficient manner.
- Embedding the data collection process throughout the business and finding standardized, company-wide solutions.
- Supporting work winning through bid support, innovation, client liaison, up-skilling of colleagues and raising the business' profile externally.
- Managing the risk assessment tools and optimising the business' bespoke responsible business reporting software.
- Guiding in the responsible business training and communications to coach and communicate in simple, impactful ways including translation and education of the group strategy and annual goals for each area.
- Creating of league tables and KPI in order to manage reporting.
- Managing green building certification processes.
- Standing as a focal point for technical support and able to trouble shoot.
- Translating the technical topics into laypersons language and articulate the value of sustainability.
- Representing the business at relevant forums and through presentations to clients and working groups.
- Supporting sustainability and encouraging behavioural change throughout the business.
- Helping bid teams differentiate the business in work winning.
- Driving client and internally focused corporate responsible business outcomes.
- Influencing internal stakeholders and suppliers to change behaviours and drive results.
- Meeting and networking with strategic clients.
- Seeking and promoting innovative solutions/technologies.
Applicants should hold a relevant degree qualification in relevant science or construction subject and be a Practitioner or higher-level member of IEMA or similar professional body. You will have previous involvement with construction and development projects and proven experience of sustainability delivery and related process i.e. environmental audit or sustainable design.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. Strong technical knowledge and experience in one or more relevant sustainability topics (waste, carbon/energy, responsible sourcing, water, biodiversity) is essential and you will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities the organisation has to offer.
This is a great role to deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and work in a global remit where you get to see the world. Benefits package included private medical insurance allowance, professional subscription or membership fee reimbursement, life cover, enhanced parental leave policy and flexibility centred around our social, health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.