Posted on Nov 1, 2021 by Lewis Davey
Associate Director - Building Optimisation
Are you experienced in the ESG Credentials? Or hold sound experience withing the energy efficiency sector? Keen to work with a global organisation and portfolios and the transition to a low carbon economy?
Lewis Davey is recruiting for an Associate Director - Building Optimisation, to join a multi-disciplinary energy and sustainability consultancy and investment business. With offices in London, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich, New York, Austin and San Francisco, this exciting opportunity supports the transition to a low carbon economy in the UK, Europe and worldwide.
Working among the world's largest real estate investors, as Associate Director, you will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic firm made up of innovative teams with diverse backgrounds. You will develop and oversee its energy efficiency, sustainable due-diligence, and net zero implementation activities in Europe, amongst others. A high profile role, this expanding leading organisation assists its clients with European and global portfolios with services ranging from ESG strategy definition, assistance and advisory in international reporting, green building certification and large-scale carbon reduction implementation.
· Technical audits of environment and social risks and opportunities for real estate acquisitions
· Conduct details, investment grade energy audits leading to the identification of energy conservation measures and structuring an investment business care.
· Manage multidisciplinary teams to deliver ambitious projects such as Net Positive or Science Based Targets implementation road maps.
· Manager a team of up to 10 engineers delivering building optimisation projects in the UK, US and Europe.
· Being able to challenge, provide insights, forecast future trends, and articulate the value of sustainability to businesses, with an understanding of future value creation.
· Developing client relationships with a range of listed investors and corporate client base.
· Creative and innovative approach to leadership pieces for communication
· Ensuring the team remain at the forefront of emerging thinking.
What you will need to succeed
· Master's degree in building engineering or equivalent work experience
· 6 or more years' experience in the assessment of ESG credentials in a transactional environment for property, M&A, energy, or infrastructure.
· And/or 6 years' experience in the energy efficient sector (audits, performance, optimisation, low carbon building design)
· Proven leadership in ESG/Sustainable Finance in Property, M&A, Energy or Infrastructure sectors.
· Proven Project Management
· Experience in leading on business development activities including client presentations of large global bids
· Competent in strategy planning, building business cases, and demonstrating the value of sustainability and this business imperative for tackling climate change
· Delivering measurement and verification programmes in line with IPMVP
· Experience of delivering ISO50001 projects.
· Complex, pan European carbon reduction programmes.
· A wide range of sustainability reporting and assessment mechanisms such as CDP, GRESB, GRI, PRI, IFC and Equator principles
· Experience in TCFD and ESG
· Initiatives such as CDP, GREB, ESOS, Science Based Targets, Net Positive approaches
· Knowledge of European legislations background in building performance
· Second language, preference French or German
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£45k - £70k Annual
£60k - £70k Annual
£45k - £65k Annual
£45k - £65k Annual
£45k - £75k Annual
£40k - £65k Annual
£70k - £90k Annual