Quantitative Engineering Manager
Posted on Oct 31, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Quantitative Engineering Manager/Data Scientist. Candidate will build and manage sustainable partnerships with business and technology partners to ensure that their needs are met.
- Strive to bring better customer experience with every engagement on major business/technology initiatives.
- Solve demanding and complicated business problems by applying modern technology and best practices to the engineering of large data sets.
- Lead Text Analytics and Image Processing R&D efforts and influence business and IT teams to drive decisions.
- Responsible for designing and implementing AI/ML systems/models as part of our data engineering framework such as converting free form text into insights.
- Working with IT partners to operationalize the AI/ML models by building ML Ops platform that adheres to model governance.
- Collaborate with team members and interact across organizational lines to meet business objectives.
- Solid understanding of business & systems needs and detail requirements to ensure business requirements are translated correctly.
- Familiarity with Agile Methodology.
- Experience managing junior data scientists and matrixed resources.
- Solid understanding of data architecture, data cleansing, metadata management principles.
- Collaborate with business SMEs and technical SMEs to develop features.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current data environments and processes.
- Develop Model 2 Service solutions with microservices.
- Works under limited direction. Independently resolves and develops approach to solutions.
- Would be required to engage using SAS, SQL, Python, R, PySpark, PIG, HIVE scripts to filter/map/aggregate data in a variety of structured and unstructured formats(eg XMLs, CSVs, Fixed length, JSONs and PDFs).
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Doctorate/Master's degree (or Bachelor's degree with equivalent work experience and evidence of exceptional ability) in a quantitative field (eg, Statistics, Data Science, Quantitative Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering or related fields)
- 8+ years of work experience in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data analytics, Data engineering, Data science or related fields;
- 5+ years of experience in people management
- Strong predictive data modelling experience is required, with proven application in applying decision trees, regression analysis, deep neural networks, clustering, machine learning, NLP and other data mining techniques
- Competency or certifications with SAS, SQL, Python, R or other data mining and analytical tools
- Ability to serve as mentor to more junior members of team
- Mortgage and operations research experience strongly preferred
- Familiar with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau and MicroStrategy
- Ability to manage multiple high priority demands simultaneously and achieve success in situations with high degrees of variation and complexity
- Experience handling multiple projects under a program management.
- Solid understanding of Data Platforms such as Databases, Non-SQL Data Repositories, and Big Data and ML platforms like Tensor flow.
- Foundational knowledge on AWS Cloud Platforms, AWS AI/ML packages and Microservices.
- Experience with database, data model and data warehouse concepts.