IT Network Engineer II
Posted on Oct 31, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
IT NETWORK ENGINEER II
Salary: $110k - $115k flex plus 25% bonus
Location: Oak Brook, IL
Med to Sr Network Engineer TCP/IP DNS DHCP OSPF BGP FTP SFTP POP SMTP SIP OSPF Bridges Routers Switches Interconnect WAN LAN WLAN SAN SDN ETC.
As the Network Engineer II you will provide network engineering expertise contributing to the vision and strategy in engineering solutions for highly available enterprise networks and supporting components. The IT Network Engineer II will hold primary responsibility to recommend and accomplish best practices for network asset management and rugged mobile device management processes and procedures. This role will also contribute to the delivery of standardized enterprise network solutions, support services, network management, and monitoring to support future business strategies, maintain production services, resolve complicated IT issues, and all other work as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree
- Professional network certification, eg CCNA or equivalent
- 5 plus years' experience working in an IT organization supporting a geographically dispersed, multi-site medium to large enterprise
- Hands-on experience leading IT enterprise network engineering, management, mobile devices, and solution delivery practices of resilient network architecture
- Hands on experience working independently to install, operate, maintain, configure and troubleshoot rugged mobile devices, printing services, network systems, and cabling
- Experience managing supplier relationships, driving the process of proposal requests, negotiations, product selection, and contract management
- Hands-on technical proficiency with rugged mobile devices, and thermal printing technologies; eg Zebra, Motorola, Windows10, Android, SATO, Printronix,
- Hands-on technical expertise with all aspects of mobile device management
- Hands-on technical proficiency with network infrastructure concepts, technologies, and protocols such as: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, OSPF, BGP, FTP, SFTP, POP, SMTP, SIP, RTP, OSPF, Ethernet, MPLS, IP routing, switching, Quality of Service, Firewalls, network security, network management, and other related communication protocols
- Hands-on technical proficiency with industry leading enterprise network platforms, technologies, and solutions; eg Cisco, Brocade, WAN, LAN, WLAN, SAN, SDN, etc.