Director of API Management Platform
Posted on Oct 30, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Director of API Management Platform. Candidate will drive transformation and modernization efforts across all enterprise teams. Working with development, product and other infrastructure services teams, the role will work on Product vision, road-map, delivery, governance, and enablement programs. We need someone with previous experience in delivering API Management service capabilities, acting as a mentor for the APIM Product delivery team. We need someone with strong leadership skills, will be forward thinking, will be self-motivated, and will be able to lead a diverse, highly talented team, continuously striving for excellence.
Will lead a large diverse team of highly technical architects, and engineers, as well as be hands on in this role and design as well as lead.
- Work not only as a leader but as a direct contributor to planning and delivery efforts for Enterprise API Management capabilities
- Provide vendor management and financial governance, working directly with Google Apigee, and other partners to drive feature requirements, enablement best practices and enterprise cost strategies.
- Be able to learn new technologies.
- Demonstrate high organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multi-tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance.
- Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner. Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, with a high level of confidence.
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field experience OR a High School diploma and 10+ years of professional work experience
- Minimum of 6 years in a senior technical role (development, engineering, architecture)
- Minimum of 3 years as a direct manager of API Management platform team
- Experience in public cloud environments (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
- Experience with Apigee API Management platform
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, CIFS.
- Working knowledge of corporate finance, including experience working with vendor relationships and contract negotiation
- Experience interacting with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage solution requirements.
- Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Willingness and capability of quickly learning new technologies required for accomplishing project goals.
- Experience in Automation/Continuous Integration (Ansible, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, etc.) a plus
- Experience in the complete SDLC cycle including associated deployment methodologies, QA processes, and performance tuning efforts a plus
- High organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance
- Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment
- Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a high level of confidence