Posted on Oct 30, 2021 by International Market Centers
Your Experience. Our Vision. International Market Centers is in search of Team Members to be a part of a revolutionary enterprise that brings unprecedented unity, stability and opportunity to the furniture, gift, home decor and apparel industries. The IMC Team strives to create exceptional and enduring value for our customers by creating innovative and sustainable business platforms for the home, gift and apparel industries. Through passionate dedication to customer service, ongoing commitment to quality and excellence, combined with a focus on constant improvement, we facilitate frictionless commerce between wholesale buyers and sellers in the industries we serve.
Our goals are very straightforward:
- Building an Exceptional Company
- Winning as a TEAM
- Holding each other accountable
- Sharing one standard: The Best
- Relentlessly executing on our Company strategy
- Delivering on our commitments
- Enjoying the journey
Your job, every job, is essential to attaining these goals. We expect you to:
- Treat others with respect
- Work hard, work smart and be dedicated to winning through teamwork
- Support and hold each other accountable
- Share your positive team spirit
- Provide exceptional service to our customers
- Always act with integrity and honesty
What You'll Do
The Data Analyst will be responsible for gathering information from various sources, interpreting patterns, and turning it into information to better inform business decisions. They will recommend methods and ways that IMC obtains and analyzes data to improve quality and efficiency of data systems.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Understand Business Requirements and Develop BI solutions using Modern and/or Traditional Data Architectures (Data Lakes, NoSQL Databases, Cloud Databases, Traditional Relational DBs).
- Design Data Sourcing approaches and Change Data Capture mechanisms.
- Define and Design or Adopt Data Quality Screening mechanisms at various stages of the ETL process.
- Define and Design or Adopt Metadata Capture mechanisms as part of a BI solution.
- Investigate application data issues, solution process improvements and reload/cleanse data.
Highly Preferred Qualifications
- 3 years of experience in a Data Analyst role.
- Strong experience with Business Intelligence concepts and patterns
- Ability to create SQL queries to database involving complex queries, window functions, common table expressions etc.
- Ability to analyze large datasets and write comprehensive reports.
- Understanding of Data Lake based architectures.
- Experience with waterfall and agile projects and UML modelling a plus
- Bachelor's Degree required in Computer Sciences/MIS/Math/Statistics or related field.
Competencies for Success
- Creative thinking, problem solving and decision making. Proactive and self-starter.
- Has high degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision.
- Responds to and handles unfamiliar situations with little supervisory guidance.
- Ability to solve problems that are complex, varied and only mildly related to those seen Simply determining what the problem is requires major individual effort and/or consultation with others within the department.
- A high degree of analytical ability and inductive thinking may be required to solve highly intricate, technically complex problems. Must be able to develop new and nonstandard approaches. Independent judgment is required to study previously established, often partially relevant guidelines; plan for various interrelated activities; and coordinate such activities within the operating environment or while completing a project.
- Ability to complete work that requires developing imaginative and complex methods, procedures, products or systems. This is an important part of the job and results generally affect several departments within the organization.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Requires regular contacts with internal persons of importance and influence involving considerable tact, discretion and persuasion in obtaining desired actions and/or the handling of difficult personal relationships.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work within a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail.
- Strong presentation and documentation skills.
- Must have high proficiency in spoken and written English
- Experience in Real Estate a plus
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Why you'll love working at IMC
Our Team Members are our most critical asset. The foundation for our success is built on teamwork, talent, creativity, hard work and dedication. Together, we truly have a transformational opportunity to positively impact the industries in which we work. We are pleased to offer a wide array of comprehensive benefit programs and services that you would expect to see at a great company like IMC including competitive medical, dental, vision, EAP, FSA and 401k Retirement Match to name just a few. There are also a few differentiators like unlimited PTO, paid parental leave, BYOD (cell phone compensation), tuition reimbursement, Workplace Rewards providing discounts to a wide variety of consumer products and services, a seed grant of at least $1,000 annually into your Value HSA Plan, and considerably more!
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: IMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
International Market Centers (IMC) serves as the center of commerce for the wholesale furniture, gift, home decor and apparel industries. With more than 20 million square feet of premium wholesale showroom space in High Point, N.C., Las Vegas and Atlanta, IMC has more than 60 years of relationships and experience creating scalable business platforms for wholesale commerce. With the launch of the Juniper suite of digital sales and marketing solutions and B2B E-commerce marketplace, IMC now provides the only omnichannel platform that seamlessly connects physical and digital wholesale commerce for the industries we serve.
For more information, visit the website. IMC is a Blackstone and Fireside Investments portfolio company.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.