Structural / Mechanical Engineer
Posted on Oct 30, 2021 by Design & Safety Limited
We are looking to employ enthusiastic Engineers young or old to join our growing business.
Based in the south west of England, we provide engineering packages, consultancy and practical on-site support to our clients. Our jobs are wide ranging from the design development of nuclear and healthcare facilities, assessment of their operational and design basis failures / faulted conditions (analytical bias). Designs of pumping systems, steelwork structures, 3D point cloud surveys, and even underwater ROV surveys (practical bias). It is unusual for a company to have both an analytical and practical ability, something we are proud of...
We currently have the need for Mechanical, Structural and Electrical Engineers who want to work for a small company, not a large corporation. For Engineers who want to do Engineering and are output focused.
The successful Engineers will be required to work closely with our experienced engineers to produce design packages from concept through to on-site installation and commissioning. This will quickly develop the Engineers' knowledge and experience of the broader aspects of nuclear and marine plant and the challenges involved.
Where applicable, Engineers will have the opportunity to train and qualify, depending on their potential up to degree level qualifications, with professional development towards Chartered Engineer Status.
We are looking for an people with the following attributes:
- Qualifications in Engineering or similar discipline;
- Broad engineering knowledge and understanding of Engineering facilities and / or building services;
- Ability to learn new skills and techniques;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, confident and able to work unsupervised;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Able to manage own time and work load;
- Willing to travel;
- Willing to undertake training and professional development.
A knowledge of the following would also be useful:
- Design Code Assessments;
- Use of 2D and 3D CAD software such as AutoDesk Inventor, relevant engineering software such as MathCAD/Hevacomp/STAAD and MS Word/Excel
- Properties of engineering materials such as carbon and stainless steels and aluminium;
- Design of civil / steelwork structures
- Design of mechanisms / bearings / gearboxes / drives.
- Nuclear Reactor and Submarine Design;
- Manufacturing processes such as machining, welding, NDT, bolted connections.
- Experience of installation and commissioning plant.
Based in Torpoint, Cornwall we are ideally located to serve Plymouth and the South West which supports regional development and job creation/retention.
For more information and to find out more about us please go to our website -
TO APPLY - Click Apply Now to submit your CV and Cover Letter
Due to the nature of our work successful applicants will need to be British Nationals and clear security checks.