AWS DevOps Specialist
Posted on Oct 29, 2021 by Datalynx Limited
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic data migration consultancy based in Watford, Hertfordshire, currently operating a hybrid flexible working model in accordance with government guidelines. We are looking for a permanent experienced AWS DevOps specialist who will be critical to this fast-growing company's success in delivering large scale data migrations in the cloud.
The role holder will help deliver the DevOps strategy within the company and must be experienced in all aspects of AWS cloud-based systems. They must be able to communicate effectively with clients, be delivery focused, organised, a natural problem solver, and have excellent attention to detail. Knowledge of on-premise technology is also desirable, as is migrating these services to the cloud. The ideal candidate will be able to work proactively to identify technological improvements and have a keen interest in emerging technologies.
In addition to an excellent salary package, we are committed to providing investment in training to help you further develop your skills and knowledge. This is an ideal opportunity to work in a fast-paced company, with on-premise and cloud environments, within an ISO27001 framework.
This role is a permanent role. Applicants that are currently working as contractors must clearly state that they now seek a permanent position.
- Evidence of successfully delivering a DevOps strategy
- Solid knowledge and experience of provisioning and managing AWS environments
- Experience of release and build automation pipelines utilising Jenkins.
- Scripting, particularly Groovy (ideally also to have Python, Bash & Powershell).
- Windows Server (build, security, AD, GPO, ...).
- Source control: GIT/AWS Code Commit/SVN.
- Familiar with database server technology such as MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of Elastic Search, RabbitMQ, Site to Site VPN Certificate configuration,
- Knowledge of Hashicorp Consul and Vault to manage configuration and secrets
- Experience of using Hashicorp Terraform to deploy/update/destroy AWS infrastructure
- Experience of using packer for AMI creation
- Familiar with provision of VPC's and AWS networking/VPN's
- Understanding of the principles of immutable infrastructure and ability to put these into practice.
- Professional Certification from one or more major cloud providers
- Experience of working on Transformation programmes and large client driven projects
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (egAWS Certified DevOps, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Experience of working in a secure environment with clearance to SC level.
- Knowledge of migrating on-premise technology to AWS
Security Clearance is required to SC level so you must be willing to undergo clearance as part of the recruitment process. Five years' residency in the UK is a mandatory requirement of security clearance, as is ownership of a passport.