Technical Author - Graduate/Junior
Posted on Oct 29, 2021 by Edissero Ltd
Technical Author (Graduate/Junior) - Automotive/Engineering/Manufacturing
We're very excited to be working with a much-loved and globally recognised automotive engineering company that is looking for an enthusiastic junior writer to join their friendly, growing documentation team. No two days are the same and there is plenty to get your teeth into!
With help from your colleagues, you'll write a range of technical documentation including product information, operations guides, illustrated part identification manuals, and service guides. You'll find helpful engineers and the busy factory floor just a few steps away from your desk, allowing you to fully familiarise yourself with the products you'd be writing about.
Additionally, if you like the idea of an occasional change of scenery, then you'll enjoy the regular trips to North Yorkshire to visit the company's sister site.
Applications are welcome from graduates with excellent writing skills and an engineering/automotive/physics degree or similar discipline, as well as those who are from an automotive/engineering/manufacturing background, coupled with a genuine interest in technical authoring.
What you have:
- An interest in and flair for writing, with a genuine desire to build a long term career in technical authoring.
- A background or interest in engineering, automotive, aerospace, manufacturing, physics or similar.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Confidence when speaking to people at all business levels.
- The ability to quickly pick up a range of software packages including InDesign, QuarkXPress, CAD drawing programmes.
- Excellent organisational skills and a talent for juggling a varied workload.
- An appreciation for tea, biscuits and the occasional sausage roll.
On offer is a generous salary of up to £35,000 p.a. (depending on experience), discretionary bonus, full benefits, free parking, and Friday afternoons off.