Application Support Analyst
Posted on Oct 29, 2021 by Zeus Talent
Job Title: Application Support Analyst (2LS/3LS - On call)
£ - £ (NEG) including superb benefits, 25 days holiday, bonuses, private medical, private accident insurance and share scheme.
Preferably based in Runcorn, Manchester, Liverpool OR surrounding area
With a mixture of remote working/work from client offices/work from customer offices and UK travel, this is a flexible role.
Key Requirements: Understanding of Agile Methodologies and ITIL Processes, 2nd and 3rd Line Support of Business Applications
Our client, an exceptional global employer with an outstanding reputation, employs over 100,000 staff and enjoys a turnover in excess of £10B. Their continued success offers almost limitless career progression and opportunities.
Acknowledged as European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. They are the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games.
All Applicants must be either UK citizens or have lived in the UK for 5 years because Security Clearance eligibility is an essential requirement.
The role of the Application Support Analyst (2LS and 3LS) exists within this Global Consulting firm.
Application Management is focussed on the delivery of applications support and development services within the Public and Regional markets across a variety of customers. Their approach employs Agile and DevOps approaches, aligning to the needs of our clients.
This role is concerned with the provision of application support and development services for a Public Sector Client within the Police market, but could potentially cover a range of support customers across different industries. The team works with other Global and UK Practices and Sub-Practices providing support for Applications; o/s, Desktop, networking, call centre, etc. to provide an integrated service to the client.
The team work within a pressured and service level driven environment that is both challenging and rewarding and provides opportunities to work across many platforms and technologies.
The need for cost reduction, speed and agility is leading to a reduction in the traditional Application Management market with an increased focus on increased automation, adoption of lower maintenance cloud services, and application consolidation and rationalisation. However, this decline is offset by an increase in multiyear capacity-driven DevOps contracts and application enhancement services.
Modernisation initiatives such as application refactoring, cloud migration, application upgrades, analytics and value-added services are driving significant growth in application implementation, both in project services and within AM contracts.
Consequently, we continuously refreshing and developing our existing portfolio of offerings to be in line with the latest Industry trends and client needs, defining and developing our AM' application management services that will delivery to its clients to drive profitable growth.
Responsibilities for the role include but are not restricted to:
- Providing application support services (2LS and 3LS) for existing applications and solutions; including troubleshooting, monitoring and incident and problem resolution (root cause analysis)
- Liaising with the Client, their Partners and third-party suppliers who provide support and development services for the applications within our portfolio.
- Call Management: experience of using a helpdesk tool eg ServiceNow or Remedy.
- Developing and implementing fixes and enhancements to commercially available and bespoke applications, using various tools.
- Assisting in the upgrade of existing applications to new versions, which may require working closely with third-party organisations as well as internal project teams. This may also cover areas such as testing and implementation.
- Documenting and onboarding/decommissioning of existing and new applications.
- Supporting the implementation and ongoing improvements of automation tooling for development, test, release on traditional and cloud infrastructure
- Working to defined contractual service levels
- Undertaking knowledge transfer to enable the take on of new services for client
- Provision of 24x7 on call service for Priority 1 incidents.
- You will be required to undertake and successfully gain SC level security clearance.
- Willing to work out of hours and as part of on-call rota participation.
- 3-4 years work experience of business application support within an Application Support environment
- Demonstrable ability to generate bug fixes and undertake changes and enhancements
- Demonstrable experience of use of a Helpdesk tool
- Experience and understanding of Agile, ideally with knowledge of:
Personal attributes should include:
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible can do' attitude
- Willingness to learn development/DevOps skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrable networking and communication skills
- ITIL qualification (ITIL 4 certification preferred)
- Work experience of development within an Application Support environment
- Experience of working with Cloud technologies, specifically MS Azure
- Experience with large Application Services customers
- Experience of contributing to the development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Automation and associated tooling
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £55k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£27k - £35k Annual
£35k - £42k Annual
£37k - £40k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£45k - £45k Annual