Posted on Oct 28, 2021 by South Staffs Water (Incorporating Cambridge Water Company)
West Midlands, United Kingdom
£50k - £50k Annual
Salary: circa £50,000 plus benefits
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Green Lane, Walsall or Fulbourn Road, Cambridge
At South Staffs Water we deliver clean and reliable water supplies to around 1.5 million customers within the South Staffs and Cambridge regions.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a full time Estates Manager to join our South Staffs Water/Cambridge team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Finance Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of all land and property related matters across our South Staffs Water and Cambridge sites. This a varied role involving estates management, acquisitions and disposals, lease/rent negotiations and overseeing the management of our recreational facilities.
• Liaise with both internal customers and external professionals to provide first stage planning advice and assist Project Managers with planning advice/applications as required
• Working with legal partners, provide advice to internal departments in serving legal notices using statutory powers.
• Provide strategic advice to the company re the ongoing use of sites and identify sites/properties surplus to operational requirements
• Lead process in purchasing freehold land and negotiating acquisition of leasehold interests in land as required
• Provide advice, manage negotiations and liaise with external professionals on companywide affecting schemes such as HS2
• Management of recreational activities including the stakeholder management of relationships with third party organisations
• Conduct periodic assessments of open market rents. Conduct lease/ rent negotiations with tenants
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to work proactively on their own and collaboratively within a team. You will ideally be a Chartered Surveyor and have experience of negotiating with land owners and wider stakeholders on land matters. An understanding of water regulation would be an advantage in this role, however not essential. You will hold a current valid UK driving licence as an essential part of this role will involve visiting sites.
As an employee of South Staffs Water you will have access to a range of benefits. For further details, please visit the Careers section of our website .
To apply please forward your CV and covering letter to:
Closing Date: 10 November 2021